Default MultiColor [SMF1.1.5 & 1.1.6]

Started by bebe, December 09, 2006, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebe

Link to the theme

A compilation of themes listed at here.

There is a total of 20 colors now exclusive of Default color. Details are as follows:
Author: Mystica (Black, BlackDark, BlueDark, GreenDark, RedDark, Blue, Green, Olive, Red, Brown, BrownDark)
Author: Wolfenrook (Lavender, Lilac, PurpleDark, Peach, Shiny Green)
Author: sloopz (Silver, Grey)
Author: Simplemachines Cowboy (Tan)
Author: MT2-Soft aka Gazmanafc (Orange)

Added the drop down menu for color changing at the front page. Only logged in users would have the choice.

Added the modification to separate the sticky topics from the normal topics.

DefaultMC_116.zip file is compatible with SMF version 1.1.5 and 1.1.6

DefaultMC_116.zip is repacked. Hopefully the direct install would work from now on.
If you still fail with direct install method, please use the following method.

IMPORTANT:
I have tried to use the direct install [i.e. Admin > Themes and Layout > Manage and Install > Install a New Theme > [ From a file ] method
and failed. It gave me 0 byte files with incorrect permission settings.

Please upload the file to your server's SMF Themes folder and extract it. Then use the "From a directory on the server" method to successfully install the theme.

bebe

Quote from: bebe on December 11, 2006, 07:44:56 AM
Just uploaded new files for version SMF 1.1 Final at Theme Site.

Please take note that you need to go to Admin-->Current Theme-->Theme Options and Preferences making necessary changes for the color change selection box appear on the homepage for the logged in member.

bebe

QuoteToday at 09:21:24 PM exrace wrote:
Installed on 1.1 Finial.
Get this in error log.
8: Undefined index: allow_color_change_box
File: /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxx.com/subdomains/support/httpdocs/Themes/DefaultMC_fin11/Settings.template.php (settings sub template - eval?)
Line: 143

I don't know what's wrong with your installation.
I do not have any error logs with this theme freshly installed on a clean SMF 1.1 Final. I'm sorry i could not help.

Simplemachines Cowboy

I have a ready to go tan version to add to this if you'd like.
See http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=64131.msg883398#msg883398

Awesome pkg, btw!
My SMF forum: The Open Range

bebe

Hi, that's glad if you would like to share and have it in the compilation. I'll pm you then.

rojamaia

hi! this looks good, however, i have mods in my other php files that have been manually edited, so i just can't install this & replace my existing php files.

can you just please post the instructions here on how to manually edit those php files, or at least where to look for the modifications that you included?

thanks!

babjusi

Nice theme, full of variations. I use it in my forum. Thanks

cyclopsian

Hi bebe,

My users love this theme.  It seems that only the Administrator can see Upcoming Calendar Events on the Home Page, though.  Am I missing a setting on the Forum Maintenance screens?

I'd like for all my members to see Upcoming Calendar Events near the bottom of the Home Page.  Thanks for any help.  And thanks for a great theme.

-- Thomas

bebe

I have been busy and would not be able to update this theme anymore.
Any one interested in maintaining this theme can modify the original files to make it compatible for the latest version from now on.

kristien

I really like this theme. Can anyone update it to the latest version?

Thanks !

tggrcutiepie

hi, I love this theme but am updated to 1.1.2,,,will you be upgrading it..

John S

does not work with SMF 1.1.2!!! installs but some options are disabled!~ HELLPP

bratgirl

Quote from: bebe on December 11, 2006, 07:53:48 AM
Please take note that you need to go to Admin-->Current Theme-->Theme Options and Preferences making necessary changes for the color change selection box appear on the homepage for the logged in member.[/size]

so.. do the colour change options only work then if you have the theme set as the default for the forum? how do users change colours if this is not set as the default theme?

Simplemachines Cowboy

Yes. You will have all the color options PLUS the normal default available in the drop down chooser if Default MC is set as the forum default theme.

My SMF forum: The Open Range

hawkshaw

hi Bebe,
Do you have a demo page of your theme?
I hope to see this theme for 1.1.2 ...
If you have updated it for 1.1.2 , please create a demo page; and by putting donation link in it, it's a good idea so people can say "Thanks" ;)

babjusi

Quote from: hawkshaw on May 26, 2007, 12:01:02 AM
hi Bebe,
Do you have a demo page of your theme?
I hope to see this theme for 1.1.2 ...
If you have updated it for 1.1.2 , please create a demo page; and by putting donation link in it, it's a good idea so people can say "Thanks" ;)

He has stated above that he won''t be updating this theme any more

hawkshaw

i c, too bad though :(
How come ?
Will he  if i pay?

babjusi

Quote from: hawkshaw on May 26, 2007, 12:52:44 AM
i c, too bad though :(
How come ?
Will he  if i pay?

I can not answer that, but you can contact him and ask him your self. Maybe he will, you never know

couponcadabra

LOVE this theme, Bebe. It doesn't look like you are on here anymore, but I still wanted to pay my compliments to you. I will show my forum on here when completed. But right now, I am in the support section... I messed up your theme by my first attempt to insert Google ads (oops). Got a template parse error, so now all is screwed up. :-(  I'll be back when I figure out how to fix it, or if someone here will point me in the right direction. Thank you!

bebe

Hi all, i'm back!  :)
I'm glad that you guys like this theme. Nobody take over to make it work for latest version?
couponcadabra, have you make it works for your forum then?

Actually i have not update my forum for a year or so, it's still in 1.1RC3 version. I would update my forum to 1.1.3 soon.
I might take a look at the codes of 1.1.3 and see if i can make this theme works again. No promise though.

Advertisement: