News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampy

Oh Oh!!

I installed mysql 5.x the latest version and the shout box kicked out the following.  Actually it kicked the following out when it seemed to refresh.  Any solutions?

Notice: Undefined index: forum in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 3936

Notice: Undefined index: PortaMx in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 3938

Notice: Undefined index: pmx_settings in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4000

Notice: Undefined index: pmx_blocks in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4005

Notice: Undefined index: PortaMx in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4207

n01d3a

I thought I saw this in here, but when I searched I could not find it again.
My problem is that on one of my themes the text is larger. I am using simple portal with SMF 2.0 beta 4. I put the chat into a custom PHP block. It works well with all my other themes.

another question, I can't get sound to play at all. If i understand it the sound is supposed to notify of new post right?

Thanks in advance

tripl3r

Ok so its all installed but I can only seem to see it on my account!? any reason for this?

swampy

Quote from: tripl3r on December 05, 2008, 03:43:07 PM
Ok so its all installed but I can only seem to see it on my account!? any reason for this?

have you given permissions to your other user levels?  See Permissions

nneonneo

@Youngiiie: What error?

@Final60: Edit index.template.php and remove
<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br />

@swampy: If PortaMx has a separate language file, try copying the contents of that file into Modifications.english.php.

@n01d3a: Try editing the CSS block (<head> code of index.template.php) to shrink the size of the text.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

swampy

Nope, didn't work..... so sad.  Think I will throw it back to Portamx and see what happens
:-[

Darn I just had a brain fart.  The shout works fine in respect shouting, it is just the errors showing up that ruins it.  As I recall there is a way of surpressing error reporting isn't there?

Notice: Undefined index: PortaMx in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 3938

Notice: Undefined index: PortaMx in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4207

See the two attached jpgs.  The first jpg shows how shout first appears and the 2nd jpg shows what happens about 2 seconds later.

I was figuring this might work, but where to edit it in?

// Turn off all error reporting
error_reporting(0);

n01d3a

ok, so does anybody know how to fix the sound issue I am having?
First I want to verify what the sounds are. Are they alerts to let me know when a there is a new post in shout?If not then what are the sounds for?

ScarMix

Hello nneonneo
and thanks for a really nice mod  ;)

I have 1 problem and 1 thing I would like to know how to fix.

First up is the problem, I get this error message:
Warning! The shoutbox text files for your language are not installed. This may cause the shoutbox and admin settings to appear wrong.

To fix this problem, copy /home/scarmix/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php to /home/scarmix/public_html/Themes/scarmix/languages/Modifications.english.php and translate as desired.

To ignore this notice, click here.

And yes I have done this that the error tells me to do, but is still get the error  :(
hope you can help me, I guess you have answered this problem before but this topic has more then 230 pages and I don't know what word to search for.

Not for the thing I would like to fix is that I want the shout box to only show on the index page not on the rest of the pages. Hope you want to help me with this one  :)

Cheers,
ScarMix

Nequil

@nneonneo

one question:
when I update my shoutbox from 1.21 to 1.22, all my options, history, preferences will be saved?

swampy

Feline the author of PortaMx fixed the problem with the following
=========================================================

QuoteQuote from: Penguin on Today at 00:33:25
Notice: Undefined index: forum in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 3936
Notice: Undefined index: pmx_settings in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4000
Notice: Undefined index: pmx_blocks in /home/tvgrapev/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 4005

I think, I have found the problem ...

Please try this:
Open SSI.php in a editor ...
Find:
Code: [Select]// Load the current user's permissions....
loadPermissions();

Add after:
Code: [Select]//-> start add PortaMx
if(!defined('PortaMx'))
{
   require_once($sourcedir . '/PortaMx/PortaMx.php');
   PortaMx();
}
//-> end add PortaMx

Now the error is gone I think 

Fel

nneonneo

@n01d3a: yes, sound is for new shout notification. Can you see if it works in another browser?

@ScarMix: Try the instructions for "No text?" on the main mod page. To show only on index, you can add something like "if(!isset($board) && !isset($topic))" to the shoutbox code, or move the shoutbox code to BoardIndex.template.php.

@Nequil: Yes, but if you are paranoid you can always backup yshout/ before upgrading.

@swampy: Great! I will keep it in mind.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

HostDash

Where do I have to put the code in customt heme if i wanted it to appear in center area, just under the links
Home, help, search etc...?

viper787878

The theme I use the shout box doesn't work.
I use the Helios Multi theme.
Is there a way you can update the mod so it will work for my theme?

HostDash

If its custom theme [Any theme other than default] you have to customly add the shoutbox.

So install it then go to his first post andhe will give u a tutorial on how to add

nneonneo

@alex clone: Probably right before or after the code
// The main content should go here.
echo '
<div id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 0px 2ex 0px;">';

(your custom theme will have id="bodyarea", but might not look exactly like this)
spammers here!

lowbuck

Hello,

I got this to work great in the default theme.  And I followed the instructions for the custom theme that I am using.

Well the shout box appears but I cant figure out how to put it in the right place with out breaking the view.  I am a full on noob at this and was wondering if I can list it here so you can show me where to put the last bit of code...

I am using this theme.  http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=download;lemma=204;id=1163

I LOVE the theme and I keep screwing it up... :(

Thank you for any help you can provide.

*edit to attach correct index

n01d3a

OK when I turn the sound on, it takes forever to update and I get a page error in my browser. here is a link to a photo of the error I receive.

nneonneo

@lowbuck: Where did you want it?

@n01d3a: For a custom theme, you should do the first edit on this page:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1208212#msg1208212
spammers here!

lowbuck

Hi nneonneo

If you dont mind I think it would look best in the "water space" (Blue'ish area) that the:

Home :: Help :: Search :: Admin :: Profile :: InBox  :: Calendar :: Members :: Logout

Buttons are "hanging" in.  Let me know if you don't see that spot....  :D

Thanks again for your help!!

Lowbuck

*edit  every time I try to do it it breaks the page.  lol  The shout box is there but then the rest of the page after it is all crazy  :(

*edit added screen shot...

[unplugged]

lowbuck, you'll need to attach your index.template.php for that theme. :D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Advertisement: