News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Has anyone thought of this? (development project)

Started by Taharok, January 09, 2007, 08:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taharok

I have come up with the idea of making membergroups per Board, similar to moderator. The thing about these groups, it has the same features as a moderator except it has normal permissions as any group. When configuring the permissions, you have to select the board that it belongs in. Then going into their profile and account related settings, you would then add it on as an extra membergoup and that would give that member those rights in that section. This is in development and all codes/ideas would be very appreciative. What do you think about it?

Coldfx

Could work.  Orrrr, you could stick with multiple groups (IE: One group can view this board, yada yada, second has rights to these two, yada yada, these three, etc).  Setting permissions for different groups isn't that hard..

Taharok

Yes, permissions per Board is somewhat simple, but making a membergroup per Board is not.

However, by using the feature in profile to assign multiple membergroups just gave me a possible idea of it.

My idea still will not work with the above point. That is why a modification needs to be developed.

Advertisement: