Guide:How to have a perfect bridging with SEF Advance!

Started by Chriss Cohn, January 18, 2007, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriss Cohn

Hello guys, to have a perfect, wrapped bridging between SMF 1.1.1 and Joomla 1.12 with Orstios Bridge 1.16 and SefAdvance in Version 4.6.x just do the following:

First install Joomla,SMF, and bridge and make sure they are all working correctly togehter! If not, first solve your problems before you continue!

A) Apply Mambo/Joomal Tag cleanup Mod and copy over your css classes from style.css of your selceted SMF-Theme into the template.css of your selected joomla template. After that make sure to have no double classes in your template.css, also notice that they(smf and joomla) will now use the same classes for "formating", and also copy over your images folder of your SMF-Theme in the specific folder in your "joomla-template/css/" folder or just change path of SMF-pictures in every added class if neccessary.

Remember that all the changes you made in part B) will be within next releases of the great Orstio-bridge. THE CHANGES UNDER 3. ARE STILL IN DEVELOPEMENT AND NOT TESTED TO WORK STABLE IN ALL CASES. ALL CHANGES ARE MADE ON OWN RESPONSIBILITY -  I CANNOT GUARANTEE IF IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO! SO ONLY USE IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

B) Then apply the following changes to your smf.php which can be found in your /components/com_smf/ Folder:

1. "patch" smf.php to solving preview post problem with Joomla-SEO enabled! This can be found HERE!

2. "patch" smf.php to solving wrong activation links and messed up messages when using SEO. This "fix" can be found HERE!

3. "patch" smf.php to make it workable with SefAdvance. Do both of the the following steps :

a) Around line 150 in " function ob_mambofix($buffer)" add after line "global $bridge_reg, $Itemid, $_VERSION;" the code $mosConfig_sef = 0;
The original post you can found HERE!

b) Around line 209 replace this code {
$sefurl = sefReltoAbs(substr($nonsefurl, strlen($mosConfig_live_site) + 3, strlen($nonsefurl) - strlen($mosConfig_live_site) - 4));
$sefurl = str_replace(";", "/", $sefurl);
$sefurl = str_replace("=", ",", $sefurl);
//Fix for anything previous to Joomla! 1.0.10
if ($_VERSION->PRODUCT != 'Joomla!' || ($_VERSION->PRODUCT == 'Joomla!' && $_VERSION->DEV_LEVEL <= '9'))
$sefurl = substr($sefurl, 0, strpos($sefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\/)([^,]*)(#)/', '$1$2,$2$3', substr($sefurl, strpos($sefurl, 'option'), strlen($sefurl)));
$sefurl = substr($sefurl, 0, strpos($sefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\/)([^,]*)(\/)/', '$1$2,$2$3', substr($sefurl, strpos($sefurl, 'option'), strlen($sefurl)));
if (substr($sefurl, strlen($sefurl) - 1, 1) == '/')
$sefurl = substr($sefurl, 0, strlen($sefurl) - 1);
$buffer = str_replace(substr($nonsefurl,1,strlen($nonsefurl)), '"' . $sefurl . '"', $buffer);
//Fix for Joomla! 1.0.10 fragment
$buffer = str_replace("/#", "#", $buffer);
}

with this code:{
$nqsefurl = substr($nonsefurl, 0, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\;)([^=#]*)([#"])/', '$1$2=$2$3', substr($nonsefurl, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option'), strlen($nonsefurl)));
$sefurl = sefReltoAbs(substr($nqsefurl, strlen($mosConfig_live_site) + 3, strlen($nqsefurl) - strlen($mosConfig_live_site) - 4));
$sefurl = str_replace(";", "/", $sefurl);
$sefurl = str_replace("=", ",", $sefurl);
if (substr($sefurl, strlen($sefurl) - 1, 1) == '/')
$sefurl = substr($sefurl, 0, strlen($sefurl) - 1);
$buffer = str_replace(substr($nonsefurl,1,strlen($nonsefurl)), '"' . $sefurl . '"', $buffer);
//Fix for Joomla! 1.0.10 fragment
$buffer = str_replace("/#", "#", $buffer);
}

(4.) If you are using a other language then english and if you have problems with "Umlaute" like ä,ö,ü,ß in your activation,password or notification-emails apply the following in your phpmyadmin: LOOK!
And change your sending "behavior" in the SMF Admin-area from PHP-send to SMTP!

(5.) If you want captcha spam-protection for your registration in a bridged Forum, use the Mod "Advanced Visual verification" which works very well! The standart one works not within a bridged joomla-SMF

Now make sure your SEO-part in your .htaccess in joomla looks like the following:
########## Begin - 3rd Party SEF Section
############# Use this section if you are using a 3rd party (Non Joomla! core) SEF extension - e.g. OpenSEF, 404_SEF, 404SEFx, SEF Advance, etc
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|css|js|pl|txt)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
#
########## End - 3rd Party SEF Section
Notice: This SEO-part in .htaccess has just worked for me! You have to try if it works for you too.

C)Enable default Joomla-SEO in Backend which can be found in Global-Configurations. Now install SefAdvance. After that go to your Joomla backend, go to your SefAdvace configuration- "components tab" and let SefAdvance "ignore" your SMF-Bridge component.
Thats it!

Joomla-SMF-SefAdvance should now work perfect together. You can see a working result here on my page:www.it-info.org
If you have questions feel free to ask.

Regards, a now very lucky Bridge-SMF-JOOMLA user, Christian

shawn122

SB Creations - http://www.shawnbinda.com

Chriss Cohn

Quotesef doesnt seem to be turned on at the moment..
Häh??????? ??? ??? ??? ???
if you mean on my page - answer is NO! SEF is definately enabled!

minimalize

its enabled.. thats right.. but it doesnt work with the smf. the links are the same as without any sef. only the joomla content is sef enabled! is there an ability to enable this with the forum too?

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: minimalize on January 19, 2007, 11:32:42 AM
its enabled.. thats right.. but it doesnt work with the smf. the links are the same as without any sef. only the joomla content is sef enabled! is there an ability to enable this with the forum too?
Hi, probably the most of you don't understand what the problem was?!
The problem was to let a "bridge-system" with SefAdvance run, even when its disabled for that bridge-component. Until yesterday this was NOT POSSIBLE!!!

To get SEF-URLS also for the Forum within a bridged System, with a running SefAdvance is much much much more work to do. We are Currently in a testing phase to let it work wit the Seo4SMF mod. There are only one or two big issues to solve.... probably at the end of this weekend i could show you on my page that this is working!
Btw: Obviously it has worked for a couple hours this day but not perfect, so we still have to make some changes in the Sef Advance Component.
regards, Christian

Orstio

You realize that what I did to your bridge when you gave me access is not something that is available for 1.1.6?  It will be for future versions, but it is not yet publicly available.  I helped you out as an experiment to see if it would also work with SEFAdvance and Joomla as it does with ArtioSEF.

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: Orstio on January 20, 2007, 10:52:46 AM
You realize that what I did to your bridge when you gave me access is not something that is available for 1.1.6?  It will be for future versions, but it is not yet publicly available.  I helped you out as an experiment to see if it would also work with SEFAdvance and Joomla as it does with ArtioSEF.
Hi Theodore, i don't really understand your post.... remember i'm a german...
I thought the really "trick" to let it work completely without any issues, was Emir's small change($mosConfig_sef = 0;) in your bridge smf.php file.

@ ALL: SMF SEF-URLS now work also within a bridged SMF and of course with working SefAdvance.
Just check it here http://www.it-info.org/SMF/cafe_lounge/test_topic-t5.0.html
Thanks to Godfather (Developer of SEO4SMF) for his help to make them work together.
This was a custom change/installation for me to test it together with SEFAdvance + Orstio-bridge.. And as you can see, he get it working!
He will release this "working" Version probably in the next week for everyone.

Reagards Christian

Orstio

What I mean is that some of the code in your bridge is designed to work better with third party SEF than bridge 1.1.6. 

ormuz

It means that only you can have this feature, at the moment!

Other users: Do NOT use this!

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: Orstio on January 20, 2007, 01:52:48 PM
What I mean is that some of the code in your bridge is designed to work better with third party SEF than bridge 1.1.6. 
Yes of course, i have noted all changes in the "B)" area...
As i wrote before, i my oppinion nothing of that changes you had made, had any real effect. The Forum had errors as before.... As then Emir Sakic added the code showed above in your bridge, everything works.
regards Christian

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: ormuz on January 20, 2007, 02:00:21 PM
It means that only you can have this feature, at the moment!

Other users: Do NOT use this!
I dont think so!!!!
And to show you that im right i will make a test enviromet!!!
edit:I've added the changes Orstio made to my bridge into my little guide.
Anyway i can simply send everybody my modified smf.php ....

regards Christian

ormuz

Quote from: Orstio on January 20, 2007, 01:52:48 PM

Kindred

Quote from: g-c on January 20, 2007, 02:07:50 PM

I dont think so!!!!
And to show you that im right i will make a test enviromet!!!
Anyway i can simply send everybody my modified smf.php ....

1- if Orstio modified your bridge files to make them different form the baseline 1.1.6 bridge, then this will not work for any other user.

2- No, you can not send anybody your modified smf.php. All of the bridge files fall under the SMF lisence, which prohibits re-distribution of any source files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: Kindred on January 20, 2007, 05:27:45 PM
1- if Orstio modified your bridge files to make them different form the baseline 1.1.6 bridge, then this will not work for any other user.
We will see.....
If something he "changed" in my bridge-files really, i mean really affected the interaction of SefAdvance and the bridged Forum, then he should please post the changes here so we could check if they affect anything.... And if they do, i add the changes above in my little guide because i know people don't want to wait until "future versions". Or Orstio tell us when he release the next Version of the bridge.

2- No, you can not send anybody your modified smf.php. All of the bridge files fall under the SMF lisence, which prohibits re-distribution of any source files.
Well ok, i think you right with this one.

EDIT: I found out what changes have to be done and i add them in my first post.

Regards, Christian

sacx

Hi,

rewrite_comsmf2($buffer) function it's not defined in Seo4SMF any version ... was just for you Christian. Tomorrow I will release Seo4SMF 0.2.5 with this mod included !

Regards

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: sacx on January 21, 2007, 12:34:31 PM
Hi,

rewrite_comsmf2($buffer) function it's not defined in Seo4SMF any version ... was just for you Christian. Tomorrow I will release Seo4SMF 0.2.5 with this mod included !

Regards
Ohh ok... so this has nothing to do with workability of SefAdvance - good to know!
Regards Christian

sacx

quicksilver1024

Does anyone know if this will work with the new version of SMF (v1.1.2)?
Or the editing that needs to be done for it to work on v.1.1.2?

Chriss Cohn

Yes this work for 1.12 with bridge 1.1.7 too...
Anyway, don't make that changes i decribed in my opening post, beacuse this was only for bridge 1.1.6
So you only need to make the change with the "$msoConfig_sef = 0;"
Thats it.

Regards, Christian

quicksilver1024

Quote from: g-c on March 07, 2007, 05:47:28 AM
Yes this work for 1.12 with bridge 1.1.7 too...
Anyway, don't make that changes i decribed in my opening post, beacuse this was only for bridge 1.1.6
So you only need to make the change with the "$msoConfig_sef = 0;"
Thats it.

Regards, Christian

Great - thanks for letting me know.

Advertisement: