Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makar

vbgamer45 , propose to change the pagination of pages

example
now
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288]   Go Down

links look ....../topic/   ....../topic/15    ....../topic/30   ....../topic/45   ....../topic/60    ....../topic/75

change to ....../topic/page-1   ....../topic/page-2    ....../topic/page-3    ....../topic/page-4   ....../topic/page-5   ....../topic/page-6

ask why?

order that would plug-in for FF and Chrome (FastestChrome - Browse Faster) knew and worked with the auto-load the next page

example in the attached

Sorry for my english

neilbombd

I know you can exclude specific actions from being parsed, but I need to exclude one specific sub-forum from pretty urls.  Is this possible? 

jjm0109

Quote from: Malaky on December 10, 2010, 08:10:55 AM
Quote from: jjm0109 on December 09, 2010, 03:00:30 PM
Well, had to disable the plugin. Can't wait longer :-(
Any other similar plugins guys?

And please see if anyone gets a fix for this one. I'll try helping anyway I could.

Yeah I had to disable it too. For the next upgrade of SMF, I'll install this mod first, and then simple portal, and see if it works. (I think I read somewhere it does).
Just tried doing what you said. Failed :-(
But what I found was, it DOES work without SimplePortal.

So the issue is compatibility with SimplePortal.
Author please take note of this. Hoping for an update to solve this issue :-)

Edit: Just installed PortaMX and it works perfectly fine.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Makar on December 12, 2010, 05:53:18 AM
vbgamer45 , propose to change the pagination of pages

example
now
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288]   Go Down

links look ....../topic/   ....../topic/15    ....../topic/30   ....../topic/45   ....../topic/60    ....../topic/75

change to ....../topic/page-1   ....../topic/page-2    ....../topic/page-3    ....../topic/page-4   ....../topic/page-5   ....../topic/page-6

ask why?

order that would plug-in for FF and Chrome (FastestChrome - Browse Faster) knew and worked with the auto-load the next page

example in the attached

That's very bad. Performance wise for a forum for pages to be preloaded.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Makar

Why? Next page is loaded only when read Previous Downloading does not differ from that, if the link was clicked. Before you write not be familiar with the work of the plugin.

Sorry for my english

vbgamer45

New update! Pretty Urls 1.0 RC4
! Base: Fixed some install issues when Simple Portal mod is installed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cellax

hi all,

I discovered that if I edit a topic the pretty url isn't updated if I change the topic title on forum

I am using RC3 with smf 1.1.12

thx for your work

Makar

Reference categories, divisions
I have to log errors appear constantly recording

[Mon Dec 13 15:59:28 2010] [error] [client 66.249.66.106] File does not exist: /home/za/public_html/lenta-novostei
[Mon Dec 13 15:59:20 2010] [error] [client 112.6.61] File does not exist: /home/za/public_html/lenta-novostei

and

[Mon Dec 13 15:58:35 2010] [error] [client 95.232.20] File does not exist: /home/za/public_html/400.shtml, referer: http: //za/elektrooborudovanie/protivotumannye/new/?topicseen

Sorry for my english

vbgamer45

None of those errors are related to pretty urls those are normal webserver things

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaXiForum.cz

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

billy2

**edited to say - now fixed, had residue from last version lingering for some reason in sources/subs.
deleted and now working tickety boo!! Cheers Billy ****

Hi,
Using RC4, Curve theme.
Just upgraded to 1.0RC4 pretty urls.

Getting this error in error log -
http://www.mysite.co.uk/forum/index.php?pretty;action=admin&area=pretty;sa=settings;save[no follow]
2: require_once(/PrettyUrls-Filters.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/xbxb/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2810

and......
http://www.mysite.co.uk/forum/index.php?pretty;action=admin&amp;area=pretty;sa=settings;save[no follow]
8: Undefined variable: sourcedir
File: /home/xbxb/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2810

this is line 2810
==>2810:            require_once($sourcedir . '/PrettyUrls-Filters.php');

its no biggie..... all working fine with urls being prettyfied :)
but would appreciate it if you could let me know where I have messed up.
cheers
Billy

eyo

installed it and it worked. suddenly i see it has no uninstall so i delete it, now i try installing it back and it gives me xmas lights lol
help anyone? and one more thing, each time i delete it , it reappears next time i check as if i didnt do anything with it. am i screwed?

Paolo Bitta

I've upgraded to RC4 to solve the compatibility problems with simpleportal 2.3.3 but redirections after reply / quote / delete post don't work.

Any hints on how to solve this?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Paolo Bitta

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2010, 10:47:20 AM
What happens on redirection?

I get an error page from firefox, saying that it has detected that the page is not being redirected correctly.

Maybe url is formatted differently than RC2 ?

Gianni_T

Quote from: Paolo Bitta on December 16, 2010, 12:08:40 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2010, 10:47:20 AM
What happens on redirection?

I get an error page from firefox, saying that it has detected that the page is not being redirected correctly.

Maybe url is formatted differently than RC2 ?

Same problem here. After new, reply, quote, delete post the browser is redirected to an URL like this:

http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/index.php/topic,4455.new.html#new

Is this a bug or a wrong configuration?

vbgamer45

Do you get an error or is that just how the url looks?
If that's how that url looks that is ok.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gianni_T

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2010, 12:20:50 PM

The error is the continuous redirect to that URL. The browser and the server enter in a loop until the browser stops askig that URL and shows an error message "...the page is not being redirected correctly..."

Thanks

franklinrony

Quote from: Gianni_T on December 16, 2010, 12:25:15 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2010, 12:20:50 PM
same problem,but dont error related  in apache log server. i disable temp the mod

The error is the continuous redirect to that URL. The browser and the server enter in a loop until the browser stops askig that URL and shows an error message "...the page is not being redirected correctly..."

Thanks
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Advertisement: