News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Haven't seen that happened. Normally In my usage i do not rewrite actions only boards/topics
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

If you are using SMF 1,

this part breaks URLs

//$message = preg_replace('~(' . preg_quote($scripturl, '~') . '([?/][\w\-_%\.,\?&;=#]+)?)~', '<a href="$1">$1</a>', $message);
// We have to account for rewritten URLs now
$message = preg_replace('`\s(' . $boardurl . '[^\s<]*)`', '<a href="$1">$1</a>', $message);

For more information, go here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=509938

fatyhxd41

I'm trying to install this mod but can't. I got errors in install page. Which folders/files must be in 777 CHMOD?

vbgamer45

That looks like a general SMF failure/permission issue.

777 is not good for all hosts some like 755 instead
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fatyhxd41

I've installed it successfully and working well but got a little problem. In registration page, it replaced "show another captcha" link as "register page's link". So, when clicked in show another captcha, it sends to registration form (aggreement). Any chance to fix it?

inter

how to make that the link to a subject was without the forum name
because when you transfer a subject to other section that the 404th response to the old address of a subject turns out

the Russian characters very badly change
in the file I added the Russian letters in an array of characters for translit
Sorry for my English

fatyhxd41

Also got another problem. When i click the Pretty Url page to edit link system there was error "The theme named PrettyURLs cant load". I cant change link systems. :( I want to dont use username as profile links..

UnchainedPreppers

Hey guys

I'm getting this critical error in the error log, it happened many times, for different urls and different users.

hxxp:unchainedpreppers.com/forum/index.php?pretty;board=d-i-y;topic=diy-pistol-lanyard.0&amp;prev_next=next;PHPSESSID=g0df4qgelvf025l4d48mcrfli5 [nonactive]
Database error, given array of string values is empty. (new_urls)
Function: pretty_urls_topic_filter
File: /*****/*****/******/forum/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 407

Do you have an idea what it is? Or how to solve that?
We are using SMF 2.0.5

Thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ventic

I dont know if its a bug or something but in forum for color boards i used <font>color=""</font> blanbla
and look was looking like /font-colorpinkgames-iifont/

after i removed the <font>blabla bla and it still keep showing it.

although i got some errors too

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.joyspot.org/forum/index.php?pretty;action=admin&amp;area=manageboards;sa=pretty;boardid=13
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 13
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: orum/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 896

http://www.joyspot.org/forum/index.php?pretty;action=admin&amp;area=manageboards;sa=pretty;boardid=13
8: Undefined index: pretty_no_primary_warning
File: forum/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 832

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
8: Undefined index: pretty_board_url_title
File: forum/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 824

I also run the maintenance task and isnt working.

Way to fix that please?

Arantor

Quoteafter i removed the <font>blabla bla and it still keep showing it.

And this is why you're *really* not supposed to use HTML inside the board names.

Ventic

yes i know but not even one board color mod was working.
now possible sollutions?

margarett

You should go to phpmyadmin and edit the board name directly in the "boards" table
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ventic

I changed the name from admin panel,its not the same?
also please check the errors i got.

Ventic

Quote from: margarett on September 19, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
You should go to phpmyadmin and edit the board name directly in the "boards" table
i  tried  that  too  and boards name keeps be the same

Arantor

From the boards area you should see a 'Pretty URLs' option listed for each board that should let you configure which board has what Pretty URL - and you should be able to fix it from there.

The other errors are ones I see sporadically too, probably a bug in the mod.

Ventic

i know that about pretty urls in boards,though it doesnt work properly cause of those  errors

Ventic

I noticed mod,is extremly bugged.
I changed the name  of a simple board without the html color,and still pretty url was using the old one.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Ventic on September 19, 2013, 08:40:31 PM
I noticed mod,is extremly bugged.
I changed the name  of a simple board without the html color,and still pretty url was using the old one.
That is how it is supposed to be otherwise you could loose your search rankings with your old urls. Which is why there is a manual option to replace it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ventic

edited

Advertisement: