News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Mod Not Working

Started by Lay Low Invst, February 08, 2007, 02:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lay Low Invst

i put up the ad mod but apparently its not functioning, as in the ads r not showing on ma forums page. the skyscraper wont work nor the diagonal.....any troubleshooter who can help will be appreciated

sparky33

If you have a previous version you have to uninstall that before installing a new one, you also need to add the mod whilst in the default theme. You may then need to manually modify some of your theme's files.
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Lay Low Invst

so i did that and they showed up, does that mean i cannot display ads in modified themes like the lightening.....another thing, it shows more than two towers along side one another, what is that n how do i take care of it

Edd

sparky33

You need to modify 4 files in the theme you want to use.

see this link for full instructions on how to modify your theme http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=45d515ceb2dbcb298e4be356b44bbb9e&topic=475.0

You can set what ad's are shown and where in the Ad management CP.

You can get futher help here http://www.smfhelper.info
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Lay Low Invst

Thanks sparky...i can see you still online n b4 u leave...i haven't read the link you sent but i will forsho...so the thing is i wanna use the lightening theme, how do i modify that, n do i do that under my website host, like which file do i look for, is it the index.template.php or what i know its kinda late but if you can give me specifics on how to modify this theme I'd truly appreciate that

Edd

sparky33

the link I have given you will tell you exactly how to modify your theme to work with Adman
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Lay Low Invst

sorry men...okay so i look for the file in my database or is it under smf admin panel....like which file do i look for, is it the index.template.php or what i know its kinda late but if you can give me specifics on how to modify this theme I'd truly appreciate that :-[

sparky33

It's on your FTP, but there are 4 files to mod, like I said, at that link it gives a step by step guide.
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Lay Low Invst

Well I changed my theme to match my page after lightning theme was corrupted...anyway...i just need some help with this mesh theme linking the forum page to my main page, as in a link in the forum page that will take my clients back to the main home page.......I also want to add some ads on these theme...how do i do that with the add mod...i read the link about mod n changing the four files but after i tried it, my lightening theme became corrupted and affected even the default theme and i had to uninstall it then uninstall again

Edd

sparky33

www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Lay Low Invst

Going to that place doesnt help much coz it doesnt have the specifics of what i asked, if you have a link within ur site that goes there directly that would help, but just transferring me there to a webpage, i went through most of ur forums n i didnt get much of what i was looking for...if you got some specifics help me out

sparky33

the owner of that site  (bigguy) knows smf inside and out, I go to him when I'm stuck, so if anyone can help you, he can
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Lay Low Invst

hi i'm using the mesh theme, how do i modify it to ad some ads...help me out

sparky33

Quote from: Lay Low Invst on February 09, 2007, 07:17:22 PM
hi i'm using the mesh theme, how do i modify it to ad some ads...help me out

see this link for full instructions on how to modify your theme http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=45d515ceb2dbcb298e4be356b44bbb9e&topic=475.0
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

Advertisement: