Joomla Bridge Registration Problems - Cannot Register {SOLVED}

Started by mickyd2006, March 25, 2007, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickyd2006

Hello, I have Joomla 1.0.12 bridged to SMF 1.1.2 with the most recent bridge but my registration does not work.

If i use the login forms register link it takes me to a forum registration page which asks me for:

Username
Email
Pass
Confirm Pass
Visual Verification

When I fill it in and hit submit... it goes straight to a blank page.

If i use the forum register link it takes me to a totally different registration form
Same info but no image verification. But however this registration works fine...

Its really confusing my new users who cannot sign up.. they are trying to click on the register button on the login form and getting no where. How can I remove the register link from the login form? Or perhaps even fix it so that I do not have 2 types of registration.

In my Joomla Backend under components >> SMF Bridge, I have my registration set to bridged registration is this okay?

Thanks!!!!
High Quality Low Cost CMS Installations - Just-Installs.com

SOHK: School Of Hard Knox - Hard Hitting Lessons In Life

I Wonder:

What Exactly Did The Man Who Invented The Drawing Board Go Back To?
Why Are Disasters Always Described As Great?
What Platform Was Windows Designed On?

Orstio

in mod_smf_login.php, if you find this line:

$txt['welcome_guest'] = str_replace($scripturl.'?', $scripturl, $txt['welcome_guest']);

and change it to this:

$txt['welcome_guest'] = str_replace('&?', '&', $txt['welcome_guest']);

Does it work?

mickyd2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thats much better!

8) ;D :D ;) :)

High Quality Low Cost CMS Installations - Just-Installs.com

SOHK: School Of Hard Knox - Hard Hitting Lessons In Life

I Wonder:

What Exactly Did The Man Who Invented The Drawing Board Go Back To?
Why Are Disasters Always Described As Great?
What Platform Was Windows Designed On?

joejackson

I have this same problem, unfortunately the above fix does not work for me.

Joomla 1.0.12
SMF 1.1.2
Smf Bridge latest

I also have CB installed - 1.0.2

Everything seems to be working fine except the registration issue.

I have tried various permutations of SMF, Joomla and CB registration but none of them seem to consistently produce a single registration page.

I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Orstio

"latest" is not a version.  Version numbers are helpful.

A URL to your site would also be helpful.

cferd

Orstio,

Under which conditions would the original code take you to the wrong registration page as stated above? I also have bridge registration selected, but don't have this issue. Should we all change it?

joejackson

Humblest apologies

Bridge version 1.1.7

The only permutation I can get to work is

Site - Global Configuration - Allow User Registration.
Components - Community Builder - Configuration - Registration - same as global 'allow registration' site setting.
Components - SMF Bridge - Configuration - Registration - Use SMF Registration.

Orstio

joejackson: Can I see a URL?

QuoteOrstio,

Under which conditions would the original code take you to the wrong registration page as stated above? I also have bridge registration selected, but don't have this issue. Should we all change it?

I'll be changing it in the mod_smf_login.php, but it is not required for everyone.  Some servers convert & to & before output, and that causes some confusion with the module.

Orstio

joejackson:  Thanks for the URL.  Your bridge registration type is definitely set to "SMF".  It goes there from every link I can see...

joejackson

Hello Ortsio

Yes, the bridge registration is currently SMF and it works ok, but I can't understand why I cannot get any other permutation to work correctly.

If I select 'Bridge Registration', or Mambo/Joomla Registration', or Community Builder Registration' from the options availbale in SMF Component I begin to get problems.

joejackson

The following permutation is not good.

Site - Global Configuration - Allow User Registration - NO
Components - Community Builder - Configuration - Registration - "yes, independently of global site setting"
Components - SMF Bridge - Configuration - Registration - Use Community Builder Registration.

This gives me CB login and Registration in the left menu position, but a user who logs in this way and then goes to the board is treated as a guest and asked to login again. How do I get the CB login to pass the login to SMF so a single login is all that's required.

Logging in on the board seems to correctly pass the details to CB so that the user is logged into both the site and the board with a single login.

Is this a CB issue or an SMF bridge one?

joejackson

I've decided not to use Community Builder as it's causing me too many issues.

Orstio

QuoteSite - Global Configuration - Allow User Registration - NO

The bridge cannot work with that off.  It must be set to "Yes".

joejackson

Too many problems with CB as sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

As previously stated the ONLY permutation I have been able to get working is..

Site - Global Configuration - Allow User Registration.
Components - Community Builder - Configuration - Registration - same as global 'allow registration' site setting.
Components - SMF Bridge - Configuration - Registration - Use SMF Registration.

Therefore, there seems no valid reason to have CB in there at all.
If I can have the relationship between the Joomla website and the SMF section working in harmony I have no real need of CB so it gets the chop.

Even without CB involved there are still issues with permutations of Joomla/SMF registration/login but I realise I am working with software that is still evolving and getting one solution (while not ideal) that at least works is probably no bad thing.

I'll persevere for another 48 hours and hopefully I can proceed with my plans. Failing that I'll have no option but to continue to use Discusware. Although that software is falling behind the times it is rock-solid, dependable, and virtually unbreakable and easily relatively hacked.

However, I like what I see in SMF and will make every effort to configure it to my satisfaction.

Many thanks for your help so far, it is much appreciated.

Advertisement: