News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error While Converting from VB3

Started by QurazyQuisp, September 08, 2004, 03:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QurazyQuisp

I'm attempting to convert from VB3 to SMF and I recieve this error when converting:

Converting members...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/admin/public_html/forum_smf/smf.php on line 289

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/admin/public_html/forum_smf/smf.php on line 299
successful.

You can see the result at www.thesimstwo.com/forum_smf (no members were converted)

[Unknown]

Please find, in the converter:

$result = mysql_query("
SELECT $select
FROM {$from_prefix}user AS u
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}usertextfield AS ut ON (ut.userid = u.userid)
WHERE u.userid != 0
LIMIT $_REQUEST[start], 500");

And replace it with:

$result = mysql_query("
SELECT $select
FROM {$from_prefix}user AS u
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}usertextfield AS ut ON (ut.userid = u.userid)
WHERE u.userid != 0
LIMIT $_REQUEST[start], 500") or die(mysql_error());

What error message is displayed?

-[Unknown]

QurazyQuisp

Now I get this...

Converting members...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/admin/public_html/forum_smf/smf.php on line 288

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/admin/public_html/forum_smf/smf.php on line 298
successful.

QurazyQuisp

Nevermind, the Error is this:  Converting members... Unknown column 'u.birthday_search' in 'field list'

[Unknown]

Okay, find:
'birthdate' => 'u.birthday_search',

Replace:
'birthdate' => "IF(u.birthday != '', CONCAT(RIGHT(u.birthday, 4), '-', LEFT(u.birthday, 5)), '0000-00-00')",

Strange... why doesn't it exist?  Anyway, that should be comparable.

-[Unknown]

QurazyQuisp

QurazyQuisp

Now it doesn't seem to be converting any posts past october of last year.

[Unknown]

That's quite odd.  Have you tried recounting totals?

Has vBulletin archived any of these?

Any other problems with the converter?

-[Unknown]

QurazyQuisp

Well, it is quite weird... all the posts are evidently there, but it shows that the newest one is from october on the front page..... www.thesimstwo.com/forum

[Unknown]

By the by, I have a personal friend who I can guarantee would be interested in your forum.  I'll try to remember to mention it to her ;). (she's like a Sims nut.)

This is actually a problem with most of the converters - they don't do statistics properly yet, they just get the data over.  Luckily, if the data's there, the statistics can always be calculated ;).  Just go to Admin -> Forum Maintenance (at the bottom) -> Recount all forum totals and statistics.

It should work properly at that point... and, please please do mention any problems you have.

-[Unknown]

QurazyQuisp

Well, that seems as if that was the only problem I had, and I've tried to reorder it twice and it says that it was completed, but it is still the same from the front page...

I'm glad I'm away from vbulletin now, I hate the admin panel, it is nearly identical to IPB's admin panel, and it is just junk to try and figure out how to do something that you want to do.

As for the site, I'm working on getting the acual site up, it is going to be pretty much a free replica of www.thesimsresource.com, Its just I've been having troubles finding a coder to finish up the last part of the coding that needs to be done for the custom made cms. I think I've found one that can finish the site before the game launches.

We'll see.

[Unknown]

I don't suppose I could ask for an administrator/ftp account?

The recount should have worked... hrrm...

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

Quote from: QurazyQuisp on September 11, 2004, 01:04:42 AM
a free replica of www.thesimsresource.com

I told my friend... she seemed to be quite extactic about this clause ;).

-[Unknown]

QurazyQuisp

Hehe, Sure I'll send ftp and my administrator account for smf over.

I'm on the job of narrowing down the three programmers that are interested in making it happen into one, and I should have the programmer of choice done by today or tomorrow, I'm quite happy. ( If I do this right, I have a feeling that it could potentially be a big site. If it does, I have www.thesimsone.com as well so I can branch off to "The Sims" content as well as "The Sims 2")

[Unknown]

Nice... and, as I pmed you... whether through my intervention or yours, it now seems okay...?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: