News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Remove Calendar Entry when no Birthdate Specified

Started by Apnomis, September 21, 2004, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apnomis

Hi, I've done a search and I can't seem to find any reference to this so it's probably just something simple that needs changing. Unfortunately I can't spot what it is that needs changing! Basically it seems that whenever a member doesn't fill in their Birth Date their birthday defaults to October 15th. This basically means that next month there's going to be around 200 upcoming birthdays at the bottom of the forum!!!

Any ideas what it is I need to tweek to remove these entries and basically hide people from the calendar who don't specify a birthdate?

Thanks in advance!

Ben_S

Incorrect, You used the buggy YaBB > YaBB SE convertot which unless a birthday existed, assumed the birthday was on the day of the conversion. You can excecute a query to remove them fairly easilly. I won't post it given i've been to the pub though. A search of the YSE forum will turn it up though.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

[Unknown]

UPDATE yabbse_members
SET birthdate = '0000-00-00'
WHERE birthdate = 'YYYY-MM-DD';

Where YYYY-MM-DD is the date of the conversion, in that format.  For example, 2003-10-15.

Why would we make such a default value o.O?

-[Unknown]

Apnomis

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 21, 2004, 09:28:02 PM
Why would we make such a default value o.O?

Perhaps default was the wrong word, I just didn't want to use the word "bug" as I suspected it was nothing to do with SMF as it was like that on YaBB SE, only with SMF it's slightly more of a problem because upcoming birthdays are on for the days running up to it and not just that one day. Which is why I've decided to fix it

Anyway that should sort it, I knew it would be something simple. Thanks...

Advertisement: