Approve posts before public posting?

Started by jake75, June 07, 2007, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake75

Hi all, I administrate a somewhat active message board. We're currently running on an old version of vbulletin, and I we're looking to upgrade to something new. I have SMF currently running on a test site, and so far in testing, it is by far my favorite to work with.

There is however, one "feature" that is somewhat critical for us, and it doesn't seem to be present anywhere that I can find. My hope is that I'm just plain missing it and one of you can point me in the right direction, or that it would be a simple mod to add this functionality.

What we need is a way to moderate posts coming from a specific usergroup before those posts are publicly posted. I.e: user X (in this usergroup) makes a post (or even starts a new topic), and instead of that post being being immediately available, it goes into some sort of "moderation queue" where a mod or admin can take a look at the post and approve or disapprove it, and then, after approval, it goes up where everyone can see it.

1. Is this possible with SMF? and 2. If it is possible, could someone let me know how to do it?

Thanks!

J

Gary

In 1.1 it's not possible. In 2.0 it is.

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

radj

yey! when is smf 2.0 scheduled for release? :D

Smith6612

Well, we don't know yet. Last I heard, something about an August release or an update, but that's about all that I've heard. I could use this too in case if some spammer were to ever join my forum (which they don't thankfully). but at least 2.0 will have it.

radj

nvm.. read the dev blog just now.. hihi..

babjusi

Quote from: Smith6612 on July 25, 2007, 10:38:13 AM
Well, we don't know yet. Last I heard, something about an August release or an update, but that's about all that I've heard. I could use this too in case if some spammer were to ever join my forum (which they don't thankfully). but at least 2.0 will have it.

The August release would be only for the Charter Members, whereas to the general public 2.0 would be released a coupla months later

Killer Possum

As it's been said over and over and over again. It will be released when it's done. ;)

hkgonra

Gary

No. Though like I said in an earlier post, it is available in 2.0, so you'll have to upgrade if you want it. Waiting until 2.0 goes final or doing it now is up to you depending on how comfortable you are running a beta version.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

pkedpker

Sorry to bump this up but I have no idea how to enable this in v2.0? I've tired everything i think, obviously not.

I'm in manage permissions and attempting to make Regular Members have to get posts approved before they appear how is this enabled.

Thanks

Joker™

Quote from: pkedpker on December 04, 2010, 02:21:57 PM
Sorry to bump this up but I have no idea how to enable this in v2.0? I've tired everything i think, obviously not.

I'm in manage permissions and attempting to make Regular Members have to get posts approved before they appear how is this enabled.

Thanks
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=393611.msg2727028#msg2727028 << hope this helps you
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: