News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

QuickEdit bug...

Started by SlammedDime, July 13, 2007, 05:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

When SMF changed the QuoteFast query for 1.1.3, a closing ')' was put in the wrong spot, causing users that cannot moderate a board not being able to QuickEdit a post in that board.

Line 2037 in Post.php AND (t.locked = 0' . (empty($moderate_boards) ? '' : ' OR b.ID_BOARD IN (' . implode(', ', $moderate_boards)) . ')' . ')') . "

should be

AND (t.locked = 0' . (empty($moderate_boards) ? '' : ' OR b.ID_BOARD IN (' . implode(', ', $moderate_boards) . ')') . ')') . "
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Been added in bug tracker.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

joh87swe

Does this solve this error in log files?
http://www.mydomain(not my domain).com/index.php?action=quotefast;quote=13843;sesc;modify;xml 
Database error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
LIMIT 1' at line 8
Fil: /var/www/html/smf/Sources/Post.php
Rad: 2038

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

joh87swe

nitins60

Ah, frequently i am getting this error from 1.1.1 series!

There s a big topic n this board @[Bug] Possible Database Error!

I reported many times, these errors are occuring suddenly when i use quick mod options, can't be reproduced. Thank god, you figured it out, waiting for next SMF Update :)

SlammedDime

This issue is purely in the 1.1.3 version.  Your issue is something different, which is very difficult to reproduce, and for another topic.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Mr.CoWbOy

i cant find that code in my post.php (!)

version 1.1.3

SlammedDime

If that isn't on line 2037, then you've had mods that have modified Post.php, you'll need to just do a text search in the file to find it.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

FrEaK@ZoiD !!!

quickedit = edit inline icon, isn´t right?

If the answer is yes, that didn´t work with my SMF 1.1.3...

The inline edit button works, but don´t edit anything....

Anyone can help?

Thanx !

SleePy

This isn't a board for support. its for reporting bugs. This bug if I remember right has been already reported. 
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

joh87swe

I have another bug now.
When I'm editing a topic and waiting until I'm not logged in any longer and ther click save I have this:
http://www.com/index.php?action=post2;start=0;msg=1172;sesc;board=28 
Database error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 5
File: /var/www/html/smf/Sources/Post.php
Line: 575

nitins60

Atleast now Developers should realize this error!! Many users are reporting this Database Error, why developers are not even responding to these posts? :(

mytreo

Man, SO glad I found this.

I've been scratching my head over this and was just about to post it as a bug report. I figured the SQL was wrong but couldn't work out how to fix it. Thanks for the fix!
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

SleePy

Quote from: nitins60 on August 02, 2007, 11:58:48 AM
Atleast now Developers should realize this error!! Many users are reporting this Database Error, why developers are not even responding to these posts? :(

It is in the bug tracker and they will look at this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Grudge

This is a known bug and is fixed in CVS - we have not yet determined how best to roll out the fix (It is a shame to release a 1.1.4 instantly - we'd rather patch a few other 1.1.3 bugs rather than rush it out if possible)
I'm only a half geek really...

Georgeg

found the line in My post.php.

did the edit. Got this.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/f/x/a/fxaw1/html/Sources/Post.php on line 1728
:(

SlammedDime

This does not edit line 1728.  Make sure the entire file was uploaded and not cut off at line 1728.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Georgeg

Sorry. I edited line 1728, as it was the line including the bugged code. However I must have done something incorrect using NVU as I can no longer post.

I have removed mods, Ant the upgrade to 1.1.3 Back to 1.1.2

I am attempting to re upgrade & then put back the mods & fix my code.
My post.php does not come close to 2000 lines.

Here is a time when the suggested fix caused a total crash. No response from helpdesk after My fopah. & I have a weather site. TS Dean was just announced.

KTamas

Thank you very, very much. Edited the php file, now all's well.

Advertisement: