Getting the old attachments back...

Started by stealthx32, August 18, 2007, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthx32

Slight issue here.  I did the conversion from phpBB to SMF.  Problem is, none of the 2000 attachments made it over at all.  There's about 250k posts, and I was on a pretty spotty cable connection, so overall the whole process took about 6-8 hours.

I *think* the issue was that I didn't have the attachments folder as writeable (phpBB used to FTP all the files to the server), so the SMF converter didn't know what to do and skipped them all (even though I got no warning at the end that attachments were not imported successfully).

Well, the big issue is, I didn't catch the problem until 8 hours after I re-opened the board again, and there's already been 200+ posts made today.  Is there a way for me to edit the convert script to only take attachments (and posts w/ the attachments)?  Or am I SOL here?

margarett

I believe you are stuck... You cannot do "half-conversions" and, after conversion I *THINK* there is no relation between the original post (with attachments) and the converted post in SMF...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SleePy

You might be able to.. If the attachment conversion is near the end you should be able to do this. Which I believe it is.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

This should do it.  Backup before doing this though.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: