News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Dev. of Module for xoops

Started by wick3d, October 28, 2004, 04:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wick3d

Hi,
I am currently working in the integration of SMF an XOOPS. My question here is: Can I modify and distribute the modified code without violate the SMF license?

BTW. the module is 50% done.

Thanks and regards
hxxp:www.ocmexico.com [nonactive]
hxxp:pc-mexico.com [nonactive]

Peter Duggan

Quote from: wick3d on October 28, 2004, 04:14:06 PM
Can I modify and distribute the modified code without violate the SMF license?

See Clause 1d of the Licence:

QuoteAny Distribution of this Package, whether as a Modified Package or not, requires express written consent from Lewis Media.

[Unknown]

What modifications are you finding it neccessary to make?

-[Unknown]

wick3d

I have to add a way to sync SFM member and XOOPS user databases in register and edit profile mechanism.

Most of the modifications are in core files of xoops

thanks
hxxp:www.ocmexico.com [nonactive]
hxxp:pc-mexico.com [nonactive]

[Unknown]

Well, I think the easiest solution would be to distribute a package (an sdk will be released soon) to modify SMF; this would make it easier to upgrade, and cleaner imho.  It also resolves any licensing problems.

-[Unknown]

ep98

Quote from: wick3d on October 28, 2004, 05:28:49 PM
I have to add a way to sync SFM member and XOOPS user databases in register and edit profile mechanism.

Most of the modifications are in core files of xoops

thanks

Do u finish the module ?
May The Source Be With You !

Kainaij

I too am interested to hear of the development of this Module.  Please respond.  I like my current forum (NewBB), but I have never embraced it like I did YaBB.
==========
Blackfoot Country
http:/blackfootcountry.com

X-Ception

Is this one know a dead project or just been working on or .. well you get the picture status ? plz :D
Joolo.net social community and irc network / Yowzar - random subject forum

Peter Duggan

Advertisement: