News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

E-mails don't send - Details...

Started by quixgo, November 09, 2004, 09:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quixgo

I don't know if the sendmail address is correct in the script.  Here are the details of everything:
The path to the Sendmail directory is: /usr/sbin/sendmail

This is what the host tells me about the permissions of sendmail:

1. You have entered an e-mail address which is not hosted on our servers. We require the one of either the 'FROM:' e-mail address or the 'TO:' e-mail address to be hosted on our servers. Only if one of them is hosted on our servers, you will be able to send e-mail successfully.

2. You are using wrong header information. You must always provide the text From:, the name of the sender and an e-mail address. Without one of these three parameters, the formmail script will not work properly and will not deliver e-mail to your mailbox. You can find out more information here: hxxp:www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php [nonactive]

Here are examples of well working formmail scripts:

First Example:

<?
$from = "From: yourname ";
$to = "receiver";
$subject = "Hi! ";
$body = "TEST";

if(mail($to,$subject,$body,$from)) echo "MAIL - OK";
else echo "MAIL FAILED";
?>

Second Example:

<?
$from = "From: sender";
$to = "yourname ";
$subject = "Hi! ";
$body = "TEST";

if(mail($to,$subject,$body,$from)) echo "MAIL - OK";
else echo "MAIL FAILED";
?>

Does anybody have an idea why I can't write e-mails from SMF and can help?

-Steve

[Unknown]

QuoteThis is what the host tells me about the permissions of sendmail:

1. You have entered an e-mail address which is not hosted on our servers. We require the one of either the 'FROM:' e-mail address or the 'TO:' e-mail address to be hosted on our servers. Only if one of them is hosted on our servers, you will be able to send e-mail successfully.

SMF does not pipe sendmail - that's clumsy often..... you need to change your "webmaster email" in the Server Settings to an email at your server.

Quote2. You are using wrong header information. You must always provide the text From:, the name of the sender and an e-mail address. Without one of these three parameters, the formmail script will not work properly and will not deliver e-mail to your mailbox. You can find out more information here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

SMF always provides these three.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: