News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Coppermine Bridge

Started by repete, November 13, 2004, 06:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repete

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up the Coppermine bridge with SMF, when using the bridge users can't create albums.  I edited the file include/init.inc.php to un-comment the line that uses SMF, and I edited the file smf.inc.php to what I think are the correct settings.

Everything is fine in Coppermine without the bridge, however when using the bridge users can't see the following items in the Coppermine menu: "My gallery, User mode, Upload file" and cannot create their own albums. I have the exact same settings without and with the bridge. In case I missed something here's what I changed in smf.inc.php, I'm not using my real password or username here:

Quote// Set this to the location of your Settings file:
$path = '../smf';

// Comment this out if you want to default user's group to 'Registered'
// rather than using Post Count based groups.
define('USE_POST_GROUPS', 1);

// Set the names of implied groups here
define('CM_ADMIN_GROUP_NAME', 'Administrators');
define('CM_MEMBERS_GROUP_NAME', 'Registered');
define('CM_GUEST_GROUP_NAME', 'Anonymous');
define('CM_BANNED_GROUP_NAME', 'Banned');
define('CM_GMOD_GROUP_NAME', 'Global Moderators');

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------- //
// Nothing to edit below this line
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------- //

// Otherwise, try to autodetect SMF path if not set:
if (substr($path, -1) == '/')
        $path = substr($path, 0, -1);

$possible_paths = array($path, '..', '../forum', '../forums',
'../community', '../yabbse', '../smf');

$correct = 0;
while (!file_exists($possible_paths[$correct] . '/Settings.php') &&
count($possible_paths) > $correct)
        $correct++;

require_once($possible_paths[$correct] . '/Settings.php');

define ('SMF', 1);

// other includes
cm_include_smf_funcs("$sourcedir/Load.php", array("reloadSettings", "md5_hmac", "loadUserSettings"));
cm_include_smf_funcs("$sourcedir/Subs.php", array("updateMemberData", "updateStats", "updateSettings"));

// database configuration
define('SMF_DB_NAME', 'canmorecameraclub'); // The name of the database used by the board
define('SMF_DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // The name of the database server
define('SMF_DB_USERNAME', 'user'); // The username to use to connect to the database
define('SMF_DB_PASSWORD', 'pass'); // The password to use to connect to the database

// The web path to your SMF Board directory
define('SMF_WEB_PATH', "http://www.canmorecameraclub.com/smf/");

// The Name of the Cookie used for SMF logon
define('SMF_COOKIE_NAME', 'SMFCookie10');

// Prefix for the database tables
define('SMF_TABLE_PREFIX', 'smf_'); // Table Prefix

I'm trying to integrate Mambo, SMF, and Coppermine, this is the last thing I'm having any real problems with.  I still have to change a few things around but this is my top priority right now.

Thanks for any help.

Dylan Malone

I'm doing all the same things you're doing... and think I'm about a half a step ahead of you.  (though we're still a total mess, the technology at least is all working-- hopefully it'll be prettier and more integrated graphically in a week or two)

http://www.algore-08.com [nofollow]

From within Coppermine, while logged in as the administrator, have you clicked on the Groups button yet?  You need to do that to sync the databases, and then crawl through all those YES/NO buttons to enable/block the features you want different types of users to have.

Can you see the upload, my gallery, user mode, buttons as yourself (the admin), but nobody else can?

[Unknown]

I really suggest asking at the Coppermine forum, but I seem to remember this being an issue of privileges.  If I remember right, it was said that everyone is like a guest or something when bridged, or some other group like that, and you have to give them permissions.

-[Unknown]

repete

Well, that was incredibly easy to fix. Before I setup the bridge, I deleted all but the one membergroup in SMF and just left it unnamed as I had no use for all the user groups. In the Coppermine Groups I simply overlooked the unnamed group and didn't change the permissions.  Took about 10 seconds to fix. Your comment about the Groups button helped jog my mind into action, it sometimes falls asleep on me. I can now have everything functioning but I'll do some more cosmetic changes before I launch it. Pretty cool stuff!

Advertisement: