News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hide Tag

Started by Gobalopper, November 15, 2004, 01:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobalopper

Link to Mod

This mod creates a hide tag that makes all text within the [hide][/hide] tags not show up.
It does this by making the background the same colour as the selected text.
In some browsers if you hover over the text it will make it readable, for the rest you will have to select the text to read.

edi67

i tryed your mod because i want very much this tag but your mod HIDE the text to all, for me too and also answering in post is not possible see the text.
The purpouse of this TAG is hide text to all members that only read the post without answer but the text must be show for all members that answer the post with hide TAG.
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Anguz

Quote from: edi67 on November 15, 2004, 02:40:00 AM
i tryed your mod because i want very much this tag but your mod HIDE the text to all, for me too and also answering in post is not possible see the text.
The purpouse of this TAG is hide text to all members that only read the post without answer but the text must be show for all members that answer the post with hide TAG.

The name hide could be used in many ways, and his mod actually hides text, so it's not incorrect technically, even if it's not exactly what you're looking for.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Gobalopper

For those of you who want a button for this. Here are the images Spaceman-Spiff made for me back in the YaBBSE version of this mod.

ThaiAnime

Quote from: edi67 on November 15, 2004, 02:40:00 AM

yes. i need hide taxt all member. only read the post without answer.

IcyGeddon

When I try to install this package, I get this error:

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Failure

I had it installed and both files were sucsessful. Then I removed it because it wasn't working correctly. I tried to reinstall it and I got that error.I get that error now every time I try to install it. ideas?

trenchteam

Did you install the faster parse code? It wont work without it!  They haven't updated the faster parse code yet, so Im waiting for that as well.

Anguz

Quote from: trenchteam on January 07, 2005, 04:51:08 AM
Did you install the faster parse code? It wont work without it! They haven't updated the faster parse code yet, so Im waiting for that as well.

Gobalopper's mod does not require mine to work.

IcyGeddon

Should I just wait for him to update the hide code? I am really at a loss here as to why it won't work.

Gobalopper

Hmm not sure why it would give you an error... what other mods do you have installed?

Noiz

I get the same error when trying to install. Running SMF version 1.0.2 with these mods:

Faster Parsecode 1.07
Spoiler Tag 1.02
Download Center 1.5
G&S_Sticky 1.0

Thanks for any help...

jetli68

istalled the mod  it istalls ok then when i type  [hide]hide.com[/hide]

and then hit post i get this in the post

Hidden Text:
www.hide.com

i have singed into my forum as a member but still can see the text  any body know why its no hiding?

softmania

hey guys the mod isn't working on my forum please help me.

I am using: SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public.

Anguz

The mod's page doesn't say it's compatible with 1.1 yet, so I wouldn't expect it to be. The code parsing functions changed a lot in the last version.

tulie

Quote from: Anguz on August 14, 2005, 06:03:23 PM
The mod's page doesn't say it's compatible with 1.1 yet, so I wouldn't expect it to be. The code parsing functions changed a lot in the last version.
can we expect updates to this mod in the near future?  :D

RIXTHEMIX

is this working with SMF 1.1 RC1 yet ?

Elmacik

no not. and its not recommended to use this because actually it can be ignore by some browsers
try to manually install hide tag special
Home of Elmacik

RIXTHEMIX

Elmacik

download the mod of Hide Tag Special
and open the .mod file. look for the files that the .mod tells you to edit, then manually edit that files.
i am still not sure if it will work with rc1
but works good for 1.0.5
Home of Elmacik

Advertisement: