Remove Post Modified (Last Edit) Time

Started by rsw686, October 10, 2007, 08:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

The edits are quite simple, and [HERE] are the manual instructions for smf 1.1.11 if you'd like to double check.
Atm I'm on vacation, so I'm not at my pc to check anything. This should get you in the right direction though.
Good Luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Laura CGA

Any idea if this will be updated for 2.0 RC4?

Tedi

Will there be an Update vor SMF 2.0 in the future ?

smokester

Quote from: Tedi on June 22, 2011, 03:42:51 PM
Will there be an Update vor SMF 2.0 in the future ?

It's only a tiny manual edit as the only real change is the <i> and <em> in the display.template. It works like a charm for me in 2.0.

Tedi

Yes, I've tried it by myself allready ... it works fine !

For finding the relevant files in the source folder, I simply took the "manually update" - instructions from the mods page (see the link to it on page 1 of this thread ) .

Mr. Ballin

i cannot get this to work can someone like help me over teamviewer?

Iomega0318

For anyone wondering, install the mod and skip the error..
Open up Display.template.php and find this section of code:

if ($settings['show_modify'] && !empty($message['modified']['name']))
         echo '
                        &#171; <em>', $txt['last_edit'], ': ', $message['modified']['time'], ' ', $txt['by'], ' ', $message['modified']['name'], '</em> &#187;';

and replace it with this:

if ($settings['show_modify'] && !empty($message['modified']['name']))
      {
         echo '
                        &#171; <em>', $txt['last_edit'], ': ', $message['modified']['time'], ' ', $txt['by'], ' ', $message['modified']['name'], '</em> &#187;';

// Allow admin to remove last edit time
      if($context['user']['is_admin'])
         echo '
                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=removemodified;msg=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $txt['remove_modified'], '</a>';
      }

That should be it.. just installed it and it works great!
Much better than the last mod I tried which broke my site..
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

DimTwinkle

Quote from: Iomega0318 on October 16, 2011, 09:42:51 PM
For anyone wondering, install the mod and skip the error..
Open up Display.template.php and find this section of code:

(Edited out code)

That should be it.. just installed it and it works great!
Much better than the last mod I tried which broke my site..

I'd just like to verify that installing the mod, ignoring the error, and making the Display.template.php changes you supplied is intended to make this mod work on 2.0.1?

This is very important to me as I upgraded from 1.1.15 and dropped PrettyURLs which means I'm correcting a lot of links within posts and I'd like to remove as much evidence of my presence and that of my other administrator as possible. I loved how I could click and remove all reference to the fact I had edited a post in 1.1.15. Thanks for sharing the code and thanks in advance for your reply.

DimTwinkle

It worked exactly as stated. Thanks very much.

Advertisement: