News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Good portal and easy?

Started by senshin, November 18, 2004, 01:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

senshin

sorry, i am very noob and still can't get it.

I seek a good portal for forum, you know, that it look like a homepage with a forum.
But i can't find anything, if i find i can't install like the mambo thing with interupted files, and all other look 2 hard.

Please, i need some help to setup a portal for my forum, so it looks like a homepage (general news and few links.

Hope someone will help this noob!, i like simple machines very much and i dont wanna go back to that phpbb

offtopic a little: i need to install my themes manual, if i do with the forum uploader i stay on the same theme, anyone has the same probs?.

GreetZ
Senshin

p.s: sorry for bad english :)

Abedie

Hi,

There isn't a solution out of the box yet. Most developers are working on make there solution perfect before making it to mod I think. Next week I will have a look at the solutions that are ready and see if I can manage to pull that postings out of the hundreds, that give a good manual for installing.
I will install all on my new smf site thats not ready yet.

Please post you're (off topic) second question in the support forums.

Greetings,
Abedie

The list about Galery/CMS/Portal using SMF

A dark spot in the light is nearly seen, but a light in the darkness is seen miles away.
Try to be that light for others.

Murgen

Hi,

I'm very anxious about this. Sine Invision started asking money portalbuilders working for fun dropped their developments. Like Kevin from Yauws who did a great job. I have 3 portal running 'as is' by this. So, I need to look for new software. Checking this link with preying eyes.

BTW, I do not mind paying a fee for forumsoftware. But only when proper portalsoftware is attached to it.

Abedie

There are (as far as I know) options out of the box now:
MKportal (beta) and Mambo(stable)
(see the List.)

I hope this helps,
greetings Abedie

The list about Galery/CMS/Portal using SMF

A dark spot in the light is nearly seen, but a light in the darkness is seen miles away.
Try to be that light for others.

Murgen

Quote from: Abedie on November 29, 2004, 08:42:06 AM
There are (as far as I know) options out of the box now:
MKportal (beta) and Mambo(stable)
(see the List.)

I hope this helps,
greetings Abedie

Thanx very much, bedankt! A Fellow Dutchie.

Advertisement: