News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mambo+SMF+Bridge - Problems!

Started by nexus, November 18, 2004, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexus

Hi everyboy,

I try again to gain answers for my problem:

I installed Mambo 4.5.1a at
hxxp:66.79.179.17/mambo/index.php [nonactive]
I installed the newest SMF Forum @
hxxp:66.79.179.17/mambo/components/com_smf/index.php [nonactive]

No want to integrate the forum in my mambo-template-. Therefore I downloaded MOS_SMF_BRDIGEv2.04beta. Once opened I found different files.

Where do I have to put them exactly? I DONT understand what the sentence in the readme means:

"The components and modules should be installed in this order:

com_smf
com_smf_registration
mod_smf_login"

Please, I need help!

Kindred

Ok... before you try installing things like this, you should understand how they work.

The Mambo installation looks fine.

The SMF installation is not fine.
You should install SMF in its own directory, not a sub-directory of Mambo...

delete that com_smf directory in the mambo/components directory... that will mess up your attempts at installing a bridge.

Mambo and SMF must share the same SQL database (they use different prefixes for their tables, so it's OK).

Then, after you have each one running, you can install the bridge.
After unzipping the bridge files, you will need the files in the 4.5.1 directory, the files in the RC2 directory and some of the files in the universal directory.

Loading Mambo, go to the administrator section and
go to install a component,
choose com_smf.zip from your local drive.
after success,
choose com_smf_registration from your local drive
after success,
got to install a module
choose mod_smf_login
after success, ftp to your site, and modify the config file in mambo\components\com_smf to reflect your actual installation.

You should read EACH of the readme files and be certain you understand what they are talking about before doing anything...   you should also read the manuals/instructions for SMF and Mambo... (mambo especially), and last, but not least, you should have some idea what you are looking at with PHP files....

<edit>
BTW: This really belongs in the portal forum...   you might try reading there, since Mambo <-> SMF has been discussed in about 20 different threads...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nexus

Hi,

thank you very much.
I am now here:
---
after success,
got to install a module
choose mod_smf_login
after success, ftp to your site, and modify the config file in mambo\components\com_smf to reflect your actual installation.
----
Where can I find the mod_smf_login file?
I tried this file: mod_smf_loginv2.0.zip
But after choosing it I get this error:

Upload module - Failed    
XML setup file is not for a "module".

regards
nexius

Kindred

As the readme indicates (at leats it used to), you have to extract the files in the mod_smf_loginv2.0.zip to get to the actual module
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nexus

Hi,

thanks for helping.

Now I edited config.smf.php:
----
<?php

// This is the path to your SMF installation.  IT IS NOT A URL!!!
$smf_path = "/public_html/smf/com_smf/";

//This is the table prefix for your Mambo tables.
$mos_prefix = "mos_";

//This is the table prefix for your SMF tables.
$smf_prefix = "smf_";

//Note:  for the table prefixes, you may also use the format "database.prefix" in case you wish to use two different databases for Mambo and SMF.
?>
---

But I still get the same error msg.
hxxp:66.79.179.17/mambo/components/com_smf/smf.php [nonactive]

Whats the problem?

Thanks
nexius

Kindred

OK...   I see your problem...

you do not have SMF installed at all...

go through these steps.

1st: it looks like you have a clean mambo install.  good.

2nd: you have the smf directory in your root... good. 
now delete everything currently in that directory, including the subdirectory com_smf. (it doesn't belong there)

3rd, download the SMF installation package from the download link to the left of these messages. Currently we're on v1.0 RC2 for non charter members.

4th: Unzip the SMF files and load them onto your server in the smf directory.

5th: In your SMF directory on your server, run install.php and setup SMF...

6th: copy the MOS_SMF.php file from the bridge ZIP to your Sources directory.

7th: edit your index.template.php in your Themes directory as indicated in the bridge. (change login2 and logout to mambo_login and mambo_logout)

9th: Edit the config.smf.php in the mambo/components/com_smf directory.
   in this case, I beleive your path will look something like /home/nexus/public_html/smf/

8th: Create a new menu item in Mambo, using the Component, COM_SMF (not a wrapper, not a link)

this should get you running...

BTW: just so you know, you server security is non-existant. I can get into the root directory and subdirectory structure of the server....
Слaва
Украинi

nexus

Hi,

"6th: copy the MOS_SMF.php file from the bridge ZIP to your Sources directory."

With Sources directory you mean the directory of smf or mambo? I think you are talking about the mambo directory!

Kindred

No.  MOS_SMF.php belongs in the Sources sub-directory of your SMF directory.

(mambo does not have a Sources directory)

And before you go any further, you have a problem with your SMF installation in the first place, it is not connecting to the database.

BEFORE trying to install the bridge, make certain that SMF (and mambo) are working independently of each other!
Слaва
Украинi

nexus

7th: edit your index.template.php in your Themes directory as indicated in the bridge. (change login2 and logout to mambo_login and mambo_logout)

I don't understand. Where can I find the index.template.php exactly and what must I change there?
Please write the directoty/file name and the things to change.

Advertisement: