News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Go Advanced in Quick Reply

Started by Gandalf, November 25, 2004, 11:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

Hello
i would like this function it's great,
add another button (else then "Post" and  "Preview") "Go Advanced" in quickreply which copies the content of the message, then go in normal reply mode, and paste what has been written in quick-reply in this reply
Siemens-mobiles.org Visit it and you won't regret it :D

Grudge

You mean, what the preview button does?
I'm only a half geek really...

Gandalf

no you have misunderstand me,
i meant add another button which is called "Go Advanced" when you post in quick-reply (the little widow at the bottom of each thread)
when you click on this button the all what you have written in this quick-reply will be copied to the Reply form (the normal one when you click on reply, with smilies and buttons)
idea taken from Vbulletin

codenaught

But that is exactly what happens when you use the Preview button. If you are typing a message in quick reply, and you click preview, it will take you to the posting screen with the text you have already entered in quick reply but also display a preview of what you have typed while your at it.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Gandalf

ahhhhhh ok
i didn't know that
thank you

Kirby

If you want to add another, look for:
<input type="submit" name="preview" value="' . $txt[507] . '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" />

Add after:
<input type="submit" name="preview" value="Go Advanced" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" tabindex="5" />

Jeet Chowdhury

Quote from: Kirby on November 25, 2004, 03:24:34 PM
If you want to add another, look for:
<input type="submit" name="preview" value="' . $txt[507] . '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" />

Add after:
<input type="submit" name="preview" value="Go Advanced" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" tabindex="5" />

in which file i need to look for it?

Arantor

It's completely different in 2.0... the above just won't work.

Jeet Chowdhury

can i do it in 2.x.? If yes how can i do that?

Joker™

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 31, 2011, 11:31:59 PM
can i do it in 2.x.? If yes how can i do that?
But if the preview button is doing the same thing, then why do you want to add another button?

If you still want to do something like that you should be looking at Display.template.php
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

SlammedDime

index.english.php:269:$txt['preview'] = 'Preview';

Find $txt['preview'] in index.[your language].php and change the text string to whatever you want (this is the best way to do it)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

nubieteky

Thanks for this SlimmedDime

however when it goes advance without any message in topic the following errors appear, it still goes to the advance mode though.

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty."

and the advance mode button is still there. but i think its ok now.

Advertisement: