News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ES Smiley Set 2007.11.21

Started by TGB, November 21, 2007, 02:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGB

not sure where to put this or where to upload it to the mods page, so you guys will have to help me with that.

This set contains 225 images which I have gathered, I had no part in creating them.
I'm not sure if there is a real name for the theme of the smiley so I'll just call them ES Smiley Set.

|More|            (these images do not show the animations)

494KB
CRC:   776627E9
MD5:   61f03135a8b66ae26d8131e1e126fa8f

or
576KB
CRC:   8605DDFB
MD5:   e20e4dbf540e3be4eb4c2177b051f938

To Use:

extract to your '../forum/Smileys' folder and add the new set under 'Smileys and Message Icons > Smiley Sets' (http://../forum/index.php?action=smileys;sa=editsets)

If you like this set or have more that fit the set please message back here!
www.dreamcasthaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.psxhaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.romhaven.info <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.bthaven.com <----- Running TT 2.06

Deaks

Do you have permission to distribute these images?

Bsically did you make them yourself? answer is no as I have seen alot of these used elsewhere.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TGB

Quote from: RunicWarrior on November 21, 2007, 04:53:12 PM
Do you have permission to distribute these images?

Bsically did you make them yourself? answer is no as I have seen alot of these used elsewhere.

yes I've already stated that, Didn't know it needed repeated
Quote from: edsloter on November 21, 2007, 02:30:12 AM
This set contains 225 images which I have gathered, I had no part in creating them.

thanks for looking.   Basically**

Ol' Wombat

better use winzip (free) - 7z is rarely installed  ::)

TGB

sorry winzip is shareware/payware, 7z is free and open source and is supported 'out of the box' by 99% of major linux distros which are also open source of course

Thanks for looking!

Ol' Wombat

I think there is only one nag screen when not registered - otherwise, it's fully functional
Windows has built in Winzip support (extracting) as well.

Not sure if someone is prepared to install 7z just to extract the smileys?

just my thoughts :)

falguni1

TGB

no install is needed to extract a 7z file, if you are running a M$ system you have the choice of downloading the 7-zip command line version which of course is standalone.
saving space, bandwidth and promoting superior open source software are my primary reasons for using 7z.
If a user wants the smileys, its simple and easy to get them.
lets keep this topic about the smileys and not about archiving formats.

thanks for looking!

Rumbaar

Yeah I would have taken a look if it wasn't 'zipped' inside an unknown format to me.  As over 73% of the world are running WinXP with it's build in zip support I don't want to have to download a program I'll only use once.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Deaks

you say you have no permission, how do you know you arent breaking copywright?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TGB

Quote from: RunicWarrior on November 22, 2007, 05:23:29 PM
you say you have no permission, how do you know you arent breaking copywright?

I've done some searching and it seems no one knows exactly where these originated, if there is some sort of copyright** I'll gladly remove them from here.
As it stands now these are assumed to be free, anyone else could also make their way around the net gathering up these images, I've just done the work for them.

so the more important question would be how do you know making the images available is breaking any copyright?

Lets try and stay on topic now.

Deaks

Quote from: edsloter on November 23, 2007, 06:42:36 AM
I've done some searching and it seems no one knows exactly where these originated, if there is some sort of copyright** I'll gladly remove them from here.
As it stands now these are assumed to be free, anyone else could also make their way around the net gathering up these images, I've just done the work for them.

so the more important question would be how do you know making the images available is breaking any copyright?

Lets try and stay on topic now.

Please understand that I am on topic, I need to make sure that people are following the rules and allow people to download a file that may have copywright attached would be turning a blind eye to these rules.  Im sorry that you feel im attacking you but we need to be sure.

As for your question regarding what would I know, well if any of these images where copyrighted and the owner of the images found out they could take action against smf and yourself, for distrobution of copyrighted material.   But I will take yoiur word that they are in the public domain, as there is no proof either way :D
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Gary

But either way, please do provide a zipped version as thats what a majority of people use. There's no need for WinRar or WinZip if you're running Windows XP/Vista.

Go Right Click > New > New Zipped Folder > [Name it] > Drag into the zip folder and done. :P

Tip: Dont support just 99% of Linux distros alone, support as many OS's as possible. For windows a downloadable would be needed for 7z but not for zip. So there's no harm in having both. ;)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

TGB

for those not fortunate enough to be using 7z, I have added a zip link

Rumbaar

What's with all the re-directs (zip link)?  Why not just link directly to the googlepages.com page?  All those pages just hung the download... and you'll find most people behind proxies will have block in place for the anonym.to and tinyurl domains..
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Ol' Wombat

Concerning the smiley set - there are 225 smileys in it but the reply editor displays only the usual 20 something.

How can I utilise the other smileys?

Rumbaar

[ Themes ]

Ol' Wombat

Quote from: Rumbaar on November 23, 2007, 06:15:40 PM
Adding Smileys

I added that smiley set and still just those 16 in the editor, or do you mean they can be separately added to the editor?

We have federal election today and I am off voting now - cya latter!

Rumbaar

[ Themes ]

Ol' Wombat

Quote from: Rumbaar on November 23, 2007, 06:31:35 PM
Online Manual - Smileys and Message Icons

Thanks, mate, the manual seems a little outdated for 1.1.4 but I found my way - enable customised smileys shows a couple more tabs for customisation.

However, the SM-Smiley set lists only 20 icons for customisation under Edit Smileys even there are over 200 in the set.

No one would want 200+ to show up in the editor for sure but it would be nice if one could choose from the *whole* set which icons display in the editor.

Do I miss something?

Advertisement: