News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

smf_log_online crashing daily at the same time

Started by TJTELLEZ9, November 29, 2007, 06:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJTELLEZ9

For the last two days I have seen this error happen:

Table './bluballzclothing_db/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /hermes/web03/b445/pow.bluballzclothing/htdocs/8523mine/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2642

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I know how to fix it and the simple REPAIR TABLE command works.  But wht is causing it?  How can I fix it so it doesn't happen anymore?

Ben_S

Generally tables crashing are a result of overloaded servers or MySQL not being restarted properly.

As for the smf/db version message, you can ignore that, there have been no db changes.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

TJTELLEZ9

I spent 3 hours on the phone with my hosts tech support yesterday.

If it happens again today I will be pissed.

SleePy

Is this issue solved or do you still require assistance?

Any Mods installed?
Are you using a custom theme?
Any errors in the error logs? Apache, PHP, SMF?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

qtime

are there any cron jobs on the server, like a backup of the database or other data?
Or in smf repairing tables or optimizing tables (this is every day on the same time)

if so, the server could be overloaded and that will harm the database.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

dakotagrappler

I need help with the same issue....  my board crashes several times daily right now...  and it is a major pain...  this is the message I get Table './dakotagrappl_smf1/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /hermes/web03/b498/pow.jongums/htdocs/simplemessageboard/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2543

I contacted my service provider and this is what they sent back....  so in reality they did not help one bit...  Is there anyone out there that can help me with this issue...?

I am writing today in regards to your recent contact to PowWeb.  Ticket number
3889301 was placed on your account because of your problems with your database.
We have looked into this and found that the database connection seems to be breaking
due to concurrent connection, incorrect indexing of the tables and connections that
are not being closed.  You are going to have to look into this as everything on our
end seems to be running correctly.

Please help...  I would be willing to pay someone something if they could eliminate this for good.. email me back at [email protected]
or message me here I will be checking back off and on today..

Ben_S

You only option to to move to a host that isn't run by a bunch of clowns who know nothing.

dakotagrappler

Honestly, what is the best way to approach this....  can someone help on this end?

dakotagrappler

I found this searching the site: will it work/solve my problem?

use this code to replace the table:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `smf_log_online`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_log_online` (
  `session` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `logTime` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `ID_MEMBER` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `ip` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `url` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`session`),
  KEY `logTime` (`logTime`),
  KEY `ID_MEMBER` (`ID_MEMBER`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

would like to know?

babjusi

I have seen a lot around here that people have problems with that very same table crashing frequently. Maybe it is not the hosts fault, otherwise how would this be explained that only that particular table keeps crashing all over the place. Anyway, my advice is drop that table, then  install a fresh smf at a test url, creating a new database, then exporting from there the table in question and then importing it at the database of the live forum. I don''t know if it will stop it from crashing all the time, but it is worth a try in my opinion

kathylene

Quote from: dakotagrappler on December 20, 2007, 07:33:53 AM
I need help with the same issue....  my board crashes several times daily right now...  and it is a major pain...  this is the message I get Table './dakotagrappl_smf1/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /hermes/web03/b498/pow.jongums/htdocs/simplemessageboard/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2543

I contacted my service provider and this is what they sent back....  so in reality they did not help one bit...  Is there anyone out there that can help me with this issue...?

I am writing today in regards to your recent contact to PowWeb.  Ticket number
3889301 was placed on your account because of your problems with your database.
We have looked into this and found that the database connection seems to be breaking
due to concurrent connection, incorrect indexing of the tables and connections that
are not being closed.  You are going to have to look into this as everything on our
end seems to be running correctly.

Please help...  I would be willing to pay someone something if they could eliminate this for good.. email me back at [email protected]
or message me here I will be checking back off and on today..

Well this is not good news to me. Because, they are our host also and we are having the same problem. But we can't even log into MySQL Admin without a memory error so I may push PowWeb a little harder.

babjusi

If that still won''t solve the problem, then I would take Ben_S ''s advice above if I were you

Ben_S

Quote from: Ben_S on December 20, 2007, 07:56:47 AM
You only option to to move to a host that isn't run by a bunch of clowns who know nothing.

Honestly, I can't put that any simpler, it's an issue with your host there is nothing you can do about it.

Quote from: babjusi on December 20, 2007, 09:37:34 AM
I have seen a lot around here that people have problems with that very same table crashing frequently. Maybe it is not the hosts fault, otherwise how would this be explained that only that particular table keeps crashing all over the place.

It can be explained by the simple fact that that table is written to with every page view so theres a higher chance of it being in the process of being written to when the host has it's MySQL issues.

QuoteAnyway, my advice is drop that table, then  install a fresh smf at a test url, creating a new database, then exporting from there the table in question and then importing it at the database of the live forum. I don''t know if it will stop it from crashing all the time, but it is worth a try in my opinion

You can do that, it won't do anything though tables crash when MySQL is terminated abnormally, run out of disk space etc.

青山 素子

PowWeb has been having database issues since their upgrade a while back. I know, I used to manage a site hosted with them. Once I started having issues with database logins breaking and a one hour support session to try and fix it (without a resolution), the site got moved away.

Unfortunately, they've gone downhill quite a bit since they were purchased from the old owners.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

TJTELLEZ9

Sorry so long replying.  Yeah mine is hosted with POWWEB as well.

Their techs SUCK. 

Still having the crashing issues.  Still ad aily occurence.  Moving host. 

Did anyone use that drop code?  Did it work?

Thanks for your help guys

SleePy

The drop code will just attempt to remove the old table and create a new one.

I really suggest though before and after doing this making a database backup. Then looking at a new host if you continue to have problems.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

TJTELLEZ9

Switching hosts and transitioning as we speak. 

I love powwebs response.

Your smf_log_online file looks fine to us....

Idiots read the error logs and look at the screenshots I emailed you.

Rumbaar

As this seems to be, current issue, a host issue and you are moving. I'll mark this case as solved.  Hope the move and new hosting goes well.

Just hope it's not a move to GoDaddy.com :)
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

TJTELLEZ9

Advertisement: