[SMF 1.1] [BUG]+[FIX] CAPTCHA error message on Private Message incorrect input.

Started by Rumbaar, December 25, 2007, 05:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumbaar

In the current PersonalMessage.php file it makes reference to a missing text string for returning a visual warning to incorrectly inputted CAPTCHA characters.
// Wrong verification code?
if (!$user_info['is_admin'] && !empty($modSettings['pm_posts_verification']) && $user_info['posts'] < $modSettings['pm_posts_verification'] && (empty($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) || strtoupper($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) !== $_SESSION['visual_verification_code']))
$post_errors[] = 'wrong_verification_code';

Adding the following to the Errors.english.php language file should make the code perform how it was intended and return a visual error indicator when a mistake is made:
$txt['error_wrong_verification_code'] = 'The letters you typed don\'t match the letters that were shown in the picture.';
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

karlbenson

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Rumbaar

I noticed the edit there Sleepy, did I miss something or get something wrong?  Just want to make sure the changes I've made on my end are still correct.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

SleePy

Hard to say if they are correct. It depends on how the developers fix it. But it does patch it for now ;)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

karlbenson

Indeed, theres a million ways to crack a nut.

The Devs just need one.

Advertisement: