News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

referal program?

Started by Xavierr, January 08, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavierr

Hi, does anyone know is there is a referal program out there,
so when one user refers another to sign up they get a set amount of karma say "50"?

thanks =)

Fatality-

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=836

But it doesn't increase karma. It has a referral count of its own that is shown in posts as well.

greyknight17

I'm sure there's a way to do this. You can probably modify that referral mod's code a little to change the Karma instead. Try asking in that mod's topic, maybe the author will be able to assist you more there?

karlbenson

There are some hooks/hidden functionality/easter eggs in my referrals mod to be able to give users some karma

After Install
In the file Sources/Register.php
FIND
      // EASTER EGGS
      // EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY / REWARDS FOR REFERRALS
      // updateMemberData((int) $_POST['referredby'], array('karmaGood' => 'karmaGood + 25',));
      // updateMemberData((int) $_POST['referredby'], array('money' => 'money + 100',));

REPLACE
      // EASTER EGGS
      updateMemberData((int) $_POST['referredby'], array('karmaGood' => 'karmaGood + 25',));
      // updateMemberData((int) $_POST['referredby'], array('money' => 'money + 100',));

Change the +25 to +5o if you want

fiver

Hi karlbenson,

I discovered your mod today, did a search and found this thread here. It's exactly what I was looking for.

I have set it to give karma points when someone registered as per your easter-egg. Is it possible to also give karma points when the new member post? For example 1 karma to the referer each time his refered new member post.
Many thanks for this fab mod and for the easter egg. ;)

karlbenson

There is no such feature to do that.

fiver

Hi karlbenson,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand you'd like to keep the mod simple - and indeed I find the installation a breeze and the function very easy to use.

I see in the Statistics Center there is a col for Top 5 Referrers (By Referred Members Posts), so I thought there is a way from there. Could you help me with some code so I can make it work per karma per post for my forum?

I don't know php, but comfortable in modifying the smf files.

SMF 1.1.4

karlbenson

fivearts

I do not offer support in customizing my mods. I don't have the time nor the desire.

However you may be able to find someone by posting a [free] or [paid] request in the help wanted forum.

Sabre™

Quote from: karlbenson on January 09, 2008, 12:29:23 AM
There are some hooks/hidden functionality/easter eggs in my referrals mod to be able to give users some karma

After Install
In the file Sources/Register.php
FIND
      // EASTER EGGS
      // updateMemberData((int) $_POST['referredby'], array('karmaGood' => 'karmaGood + 25',));

REPLACE
      // EASTER EGGS
      updateMemberData((int) $_POST['referredby'], array('karmaGood' => 'karmaGood + 25',));

Change the +25 to +5o if you want

haha
Very nice Karl.
I was right beneath that bit of code adding an auto response after registering, and didnt even notice it lol

Cheers for that bit of info :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Advertisement: