News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Members can delete posts/topics but shouldn't.

Started by Sadil, January 15, 2008, 02:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadil

Hey all.

I have set the permissions of my regular members to be unable to delete their own posts and topics. The reason for this is because I make sure that when my mods delete topics and posts, a copy is made in a staff board so that we can keep track of what gets deleted.

The issue I'm having is that there's one particular member who keeps deleting their posts and topics instead of using Modify/Edit and replaces the topic, pretty much. Of course this is silly and I've asked them to use the modify option, but the thing is that they're not supposed to be able to delete it.

In the membergroup Regular Users I've disabled the options "Remove Topic" and "Delete Posts" entirely. Yet regular members are able to delete their posts and topics. I confirmed this by creating a Test Account, posting and removing my own post/topic.

Is there an option I am missing? I'm using SMF 1.1.4
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

Fatality-

Did you check your post count group permissions? And maybe board permissions while you are at it.

Sadil

Ah, I see why it does that. I have several boards set to Local permissions, so the Regular Membergroup settings don't apply.

Thanks. :) I didn't realize that.
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

Advertisement: