Enhanced Quick Reply (Default Theme)

Started by Kirby, December 20, 2004, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby

Link to Mod

An enhanced quick reply box for the default theme and all other themes using its Display.template.php. Puts smileys, and BBCode buttons.

Thanks to 1948Pal for the packaging.

Jan 2nd, 2005: Did some cleanup in this topic :)

alphacaveman

Is there a way to simply add the pop-up link to more emoticons in the quick reply field?

Kirby

Yes, it is possible, but I don't think anyone has created something like that.

alphacaveman

So who wants to be first? You'd be a champ in my book  ;D

dvd-man

Do you have to have the subject field & BBCode buttons displayed?

dvk01

unfortuaetely when I install on 1.1RC2 I get about 80-100 pages of error messages every time a user looks at any post

all to do with subs.php or post.php etc

dtm.exe

Quote from: dvk01 on January 04, 2006, 11:09:40 AM
unfortuaetely when I install on 1.1RC2 I get about 80-100 pages of error messages every time a user looks at any post

all to do with subs.php or post.php etc

That's because this mod was NOT MADE for that version of SMF.

* dtm.exe points to the mod's description...

1948Pal

This mod is made to work on 1.1RC2. I have it installed and working.
dvk01, are you sure those errors are caused by this mod? Cause it only modifies one file, Display.template.php.
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

dvk01

it works but look at your forum error log

and sit down first

what I think is happening is that it clashes with other templates calling the subs.php etc

I've uninstalled it but I will installl it again and post a few of the errors

dvk01

Sorry it was in post.english.php not subs

8: Undefined variable: message
File: /homepages/29/d97215299/htdocs/tp/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 991

dvk01

and when you use the list button you get a mass of extra tags

[list]
[list][li][/li][/list]
[list][li][/li][/list]
[/list]

Kirby

Quote from: dvk01 on January 04, 2006, 12:43:18 PM

[list]
[list][li][/li][/list]
[list][li][/li][/list]
[/list]

This is normal.

I'm going to change the description of the mod right now.

pcigre

Quote from: dvk01 on January 04, 2006, 12:28:23 PM
it works but look at your forum error log

and sit down first

what I think is happening is that it clashes with other templates calling the subs.php etc

I've uninstalled it but I will installl it again and post a few of the errors

Will this be fixed? Thx.

Kirby

Look for:

<textarea class="editor" name="', $context['post_box_name'], '" rows="', $context['post_box_rows'], '" cols="', $context['post_box_columns'], '" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"', isset($context['post_error']['no_message']) || isset($context['post_error']['long_message']) ? ' style="border: 1px solid red;"' : '', '>', $message, '</textarea>

Replace with:

<textarea class="editor" name="', $context['post_box_name'], '" rows="', $context['post_box_rows'], '" cols="', $context['post_box_columns'], '" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="6"></textarea>

Updating packages now too :)

dvk01

Quote from: Kirby on January 04, 2006, 09:59:01 PM
Look for:

<textarea class="editor" name="', $context['post_box_name'], '" rows="', $context['post_box_rows'], '" cols="', $context['post_box_columns'], '" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"', isset($context['post_error']['no_message']) || isset($context['post_error']['long_message']) ? ' style="border: 1px solid red;"' : '', '>', $message, '</textarea>

Replace with:

[quote author=Kirby link=topic=21902.msg443385#msg443385 date=1136401372]
[quote author=dvk01 link=topic=21902.msg443304#msg443304 date=1136396598]
[code]

[list]
[list][li][/li][/list]
[list][li][/li][/list]
[/list]

This is normal.

I'm going to change the description of the mod right now.
[/quote]
[/code]

Updating packages now too :)
[/quote]

but you don't need

[list] [/list] around the [li] tags you only need  the first & last [list] [/list]otherwise you will always get a [/list ] as an orphan display in the post

Kirby

Oh, that's odd. I copied the code from the post area so it should be just like it :P

'list' => array('code' => 'list', 'before' => '[list]\n[list][li]', 'after' => '[/li][/list]\n[list][li][/li][/list]\n[/list]', 'description' => $txt[261]),

Replace with:

'list' => array('code' => 'list', 'before' => '[list]\n[li]', 'after' => '[/li]\n[li][/li]\n[li][/li][/list]\n', 'description' => $txt[261]),

pcigre

It makes really lot of errors in forum error log. I use 1.1 RC2

alphacaveman

Quote from: dvd-man on January 04, 2006, 03:52:57 AM
Do you have to have the subject field & BBCode buttons displayed?

The subject field is not necessary. BBCode would be nice. I'm running SMF 1.0.5 by the way.

Thanks for your reply.

Brando16

Sorry for a probably obvious question...I installed it and it isn't showing up in any of the boards.  Where do I fix this in the Admin area?

pcigre

First you must have quick replay enableb.

Advertisement: