News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public Released!

Started by Grudge, March 17, 2008, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

There is never a package upgrade between versions because of the enormous changes that take place. Likewise, there are no package updates for non-release versions. You must do a manual upgrade in these cases.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Dante63s

So cool!

When will their be a spanish version?

Thanks!

Eliana Tamerin

I believe language files are being worked on right now.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

FeniK

Congratulations. :)

The update worked very well.

jummijammi

nautilussoftware

How soon before out of Beta and you all think you can call it a stable release?

-nautilussoftware.com
Salvation is found on only one name::Jesus Christ

Eliana Tamerin

When it's ready. No specific dates are ever given.

Download | Docs

Jenni Lynn

I am encountering some errors in my forum which I feel may be the result of mods that did not install or uninstall correctly. If I were to upgrade my forum to the SMF 2.0 Beta 3 public since this upgrade supposedly cleans all your mods out will this also correct my forum so that it will no longer have these errors? Also what about the chat mod? is there any chat mod that will work for the SMF 2.0 Beta 3 public?
an amateur at everything that I ever do life with me is error error and a few more errors (grins)

Gary

It depends on the errors you're getting, and no there's currently no chat mod available for 2.0 that I know of at least.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Jenni Lynn

http://ouricw.net/index.php?action=admin [nofollow] 
8: Undefined index: usercp_enable
File: /home/content/p/u/p/puppies4507/html/Themes/default/Admin.template.php (eval?)
Line: 617

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ouricw.net/index.php?action=admin [nofollow] 
8: Undefined index: usercp_enable
File: /home/content/p/u/p/puppies4507/html/Themes/default/Admin.template.php (eval?)
Line: 611
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ouricw.net/index.php?board=2.0 [nofollow] 
8: Undefined index: miniAvatarWidth
File: /home/content/p/u/p/puppies4507/html/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 570
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\\

above are samples of repeated errors from error logs on my forum.

an amateur at everything that I ever do life with me is error error and a few more errors (grins)

Gary

Well, if you were to go to 2.0 then you would stop getting those errors. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Jenni Lynn

Thanks I upgraded my board and will wait now to see if and when a chat mod becomes available for SMF 2.0

perplexed

Quote from: nautilussoftware on March 25, 2008, 09:52:25 PM
How soon before out of Beta and you all think you can call it a stable release?

-nautilussoftware.com

I'm trying to remember how long it was with 1.1 beta to 1.1 gold, we had three 1.1 RC releases inbetween, I have a feeling it was about a year ???  But I was using the beta and the RC releases with no problems during that time so they are quite stable

typo fixed :)

Eliana Tamerin

Download | Docs

peranders

Quote from: Smith6612 on March 23, 2008, 12:02:59 PM
If you want a demo of SMF 2.0 running on a user site, come check my site out as it is running on my home server.

Click This Link to visit it.

If it doesn't load up at first, press reload until it does. I'm working on the server today.
It doens't load the first time now either.

Just wondering, since I don't see any obvious changes, is there any list somewhere easy otainable about the difference between version 1 and 2.

Great work (I'm sure of it)!
/Per-Anders
I'm using SMF version 2.0.2

Dragooon

changelog.txt, see the download section.

peranders

Wow, some night reading. I'll guess I'll find out when I upgrade. Version 1 has been great so far compared to phpBB2. I have had  big problems with spammers but now they are gone.
/Per-Anders

Eliana Tamerin

SMF 1 to SMF 2 is primarily a backstage upgrade. Database support has increased, admin and moderator features are on par with the market leaders, and key features such as post moderation and a warning system have been integrated. Users won't see much of a change, but the new version also opens up many more possibilities for mods, such as YodaofDarkness' Advanced Reputation System, which is a great improvement over the built-in karma. And it's very obvious to users as well.

Download | Docs

peranders

Thanks for the info. Right now my members behave but it's good to have good moderation features.

Just wonder: www.diyaudio.com has a good feature regarding email and how to keep it hidden but still use it.

Noone can see an other members email address. If you push the email button YOUR email address will always be revealed but the reciever can choose, either to keep his address hidden and send a message back or let it be revealed. Is there a similar way in SMF 2? phpBB had the email exposed in clear text and was a Christmas day for spammers.
/Per-Anders

Advertisement: