How to change greeting e-mail?

Started by g4jo5, March 21, 2008, 08:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g4jo5

Hello :)

I'm new here and I have (maybe) simple question. I would like to change greeting email for new users. How do I have to do this? Where and what I have to change?

:)

Kindred

edit login.english.php

// Use numeric entities in the below six strings.
$txt['register_subject'] = 'Welcome to ' . $context['forum_name'];

// For the below three messages, %1$s is the display name, %2$s is the username, %3$s is the password, %4$s is the activation code, and %5$s is the activation link (the last two are only for activation.)
$txt['register_immediate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s.' . "\n\n" . 'You may change your password after you login by going to your profile, or by visiting this page after you login:' . "\n\n" . $scripturl . '?action=profile' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
$txt['register_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s (which can be changed later.)' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%5$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%4$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
$txt['register_pending_message'] = 'Your registration request at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' has been received, %1$s.' . "\n\n" . 'The username you registered with was %2$s and the password was %3$s.' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];

// For the below two messages, %1$s is the user's display name, %2$s is their username, %3$s is the activation code, and %4$s is the activation link (the last two are only for activation.)
$txt['resend_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your username is "%2$s".' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%4$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%3$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
$txt['resend_pending_message'] = 'Your registration request at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' has been received, %1$s.' . "\n\n" . 'The username you registered with was %2$s.' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kender

You can edit the email message in /Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php:

// For the below three messages, %1$s is the display name, %2$s is the username, %3$s is the password, %4$s is the activation code, and %5$s is the activation link (the last two are only for activation.)
$txt['register_immediate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s.' . "\n\n" . 'You may change your password after you login by going to your profile, or by visiting this page after you login:' . "\n\n" . $scripturl . '?action=profile' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
$txt['register_activate_message'] = 'You are now registered with an account at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ', %1$s!' . "\n\n" . 'Your account\'s username is %2$s and its password is %3$s (which can be changed later.)' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login, you first need to activate your account. To do so, please follow this link:' . "\n\n" . '%5$s' . "\n\n" . 'Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code "%4$s".' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];
$txt['register_pending_message'] = 'Your registration request at ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' has been received, %1$s.' . "\n\n" . 'The username you registered with was %2$s and the password was %3$s.' . "\n\n" . 'Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.' . "\n\n" . $txt[130];

or what Kindred said.. lol, i was getting the exact location i guess when you entered this
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

g4jo5

indonesia

WarnetForum.com using SMF since 2007

Advertisement: