News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

thanks for these bugfixes :) much appreciated!

I'm about 85% done with a paid mod I'm making, so expect a new version... on Christmas! Seems like a good day for a major upgrade...
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

glennk

Also. When a person should have a negative score they show as 0.

Fustrate

I'll look into that - sounds like it's residual from the original request, which wanted negative karmas rounded up to 0.
Steven Hoffman

Lady Night Owl

I'm just going to wait until you get the upgraded version done :)

Two strange things though...

First, I was going to uninstall the mod and make the changes to get the comments to work, and I got an error in Sources/ManagePermissions.php, but when I clicked on the 'show operations' icon, there was absolutely nothing in the Find or Add Before boxes. Completely blank. So, it's like an error that's...not an error. :-\

The other thing, it's not a problem with the mod itself, but on the mod page. The link to get the changes to make comments work is wrong:

http://www."http.com//www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230676.msg1813817#msg1813817"

I mean, it's the right link, but there's an extra http://www. in there :P I hate when that happens lol
Running SMF 2.0.1

Fustrate

The first error pops up every so often, I have no clue why. Earlier betas did it for every operation, but it shouldn't be happening right now.
Steven Hoffman

khamseen

We've experienced a rather strange problem of peoples rep being changed to the maximum allowed positive. So they have a full green bar and something like 6496+ and 0- which is rather annoying and very inaccurate. I've played about with the permissions to make sure it wasn't that but it's all working the way it should permission wise so I've not a clue why it's doing that.

Also, could someone please just confirm for me what file I need to modify to get the comments to show? I read where he said to uninstall it then reinstall it but I had to make a lot of the mods manually and I don't really want to have to go removing it all piece by piece just to add it all piece by piece again just to get them to show up.

Thanks.
"In hope we find despair and in despair we find truth." - Myself

Fustrate

Open /Sources/Profile-View.php

find

while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
{
loadMemberData($row['id_executor']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_executor'], false);

$context['member']['karma_received'][] = array(
'action_type' => $row['action_type'],
'executor' => $memberContext[$row['id_executor']]['link'],
'time' => timeformat($row['log_time']),
'comment' => parsesmileys($row['comment']),
'topic_href' => $row['topic'] . '.msg' . $row['message'] . '#msg' . $row['message'],
'topic_title' => $row['title'],
'delete_value' => $row['id_target'] . '|' . $row['id_executor'] . '|' . $row['log_time'],
);
}

replace with

{
loadMemberData($row['id_executor']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_executor'], false);
                        parseSmileys($row['comment']);
$context['member']['karma_received'][] = array(
'executor' => $memberContext[$row['id_executor']]['link'],
'comment' => $row['comment'],
'topic_href' => $row['topic'] . '.msg' . $row['message'] . '#msg' . $row['message'],
'delete_value' => $row['id_target'] . '|' . $row['id_executor'] . '|' . $row['log_time'],
);
}

find

{
loadMemberData($row['id_target']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_target'], false);

$context['member']['karma_sent'][] = array(
'target' => $memberContext[$row['id_target']]['link'],
'comment' => parsesmileys($row['comment']),
);
}

replace with

{
loadMemberData($row['id_target']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_target'], false);
                        parseSmileys($row['comment']);
$context['member']['karma_sent'][] = array(
'target' => $memberContext[$row['id_target']]['link'],
'comment' => $row['comment'],
);
}
Steven Hoffman

khamseen

Fustrate

heh, thank digger, he was the one who saw that I had left that code in there ;)
Steven Hoffman

khamseen

Well thanks to Digger too then for finding what was causing it ;D

moonlightkisu

sorry, I would have posted here first but I just found this thread now .. i'm not sure why the heart button to leave rep is not working, I have SMF 2.0 beta and it installed fine, but there is no button to leave rep on my posts :(

Fustrate

Are you talking about your own posts, or everyone's? If it's your own, that's because you can't give rep to yourself.
Steven Hoffman

moonlightkisu

hi, thanks for the reply. I mean other member's posts.

Even when I am logged in as a test member, I still can't see the button ..

as an admin, shouldn't I be able to see it on other member's posts?

:(

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

moonlightkisu

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on December 15, 2008, 03:10:09 PM
Can you post a link to your forum?

sure, here it is:

http://bb.moonlightkisu.net [nofollow]

I can make you a test account if you need it.

Also, another question .. is it possible to show the the repuation you've recieved by other members right on your profile page?

I would like the repuation given by members to be like it is now, though.

Fustrate

I registered under the name RepSys - can you possibly give me temporary admin priveleges?
Steven Hoffman

LadyC

i searched the topic and didn't find an answer to this... so here's my question.

i'd like to add some additional automatic karma points. i mean, we've got the 100 points for birthdays and for registration. but for instance, if i wanted to automatically give an additional 1000 points to a person who is promoted to an administrator, how would i do that? is there a piece of code i could edit in one of the files? or, for instance, if someone gets the high score on an arcade game?

also, a few things i noticed... i installed it to a custom theme (had to upload the images manually).

i tried to change the label names, but it won't change the way they are displayed.
i tried to remove the restrictions for admins, and it says it saved the changes, but yet i'm still restricted. after giving karma, the heart icon disappears for that person. (figured that one out... )
i manually edited the karma points for the admins, and all admins should now have two bars showing, but only one appears.

and yes, i've emptied my cache, and i've also tried it in a different browser.

i finally tried uninstalling, deleting, then re-uploading and installing, and then when i go to the configurations for the a.r.s. mod, they are the same as before i uninstalled it.

i'm a little confused... if anyone can give me insight into ANY of those problems, i'd be grateful!

Fustrate

What do you mean "the way they are displayed"? This mod doesn't use the Appluad/Smite labels, if that's what you mean.

I'm going to work on more automatic karma points for the next version of this mod... shop, arcade, membergroups, etc.
Steven Hoffman

moonlightkisu

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on December 15, 2008, 04:17:36 PM
I registered under the name RepSys - can you possibly give me temporary admin priveleges?

ok, I gave you temp admin privleges.

Fustrate

Hmm... can you attach Display.template.php to a post here? One of the changes might not have been made.
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: