News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Kelo LT Notice

Started by padexx, April 14, 2008, 05:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padexx

kelo-lt theme removed due to legal permission

I had to remove the kelo-lt theme because the person who claimed to be the creator of the design and supplied some pdf files and design ideas to let me create a public available SMF theme was not the original creator of the design!

I got contacted by Andrew Ellis the original creator of the "kelo-lt" design who is a well respected member of the deviantART community and by looking at his portfolio it is clearly that he is the one who created this design.

I apologise! I respect others work and had no intention to steal anything. I've always given credits if other's work is used in my themes (wow-dk, smooth-lt, ...) in the past and have always asked for permission to use it.

I am sorry!

Deaks

panic I  have split this and renamed it to suit the post better :)

We all hope you  can get this all sorted.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Marcus Forsberg

Does this mean it's illegal to use, also? :O

Deaks

simply yes you could get into trouble for using it.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Marcus Forsberg

Oh damn it. I love this theme :(

Deaks

you gonna need to hope panic gets permission then :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Marcus Forsberg

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Gary

The copyright holder does acknowledge that it would be futile to find every user using the theme so it'll be your call to make.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

padexx

Hi,

I am in email contact with Andrew (the original designer) and have asked him if it would be possible to get the permission or buy the design (if I can afford it). I'd fully understand if he says no after all. So lets see. I'll keep you updated.

Until then using the kelo-lt is indeed illegal and can get you into trouble! Please switch to another theme and respect Andrew's (copy)rights.

Again, I apologise!
Patrick

H

Marking this as solved as it isn't for support :). Great theme. Really hope you get permission!
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

padexx

Full rights are now mine and the theme should be back online soon.

Deaks

theme is back on list and im locking ths topic :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: