News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Smiley Package Trouble

Started by Jesse Shaw, January 06, 2005, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse Shaw

I give in :P. I decided to start making packages rather than just uploading the changes I make to the board I'm working on. I have a huge smiley set that i'm trying to turn into a package. I can't seem to get it to work right. I know this is simple stuff to you advanced modders out there but this is new to me.  So far i've got it to create the smiley directory but it doesnt put the smileys in it. I am using the code below in the package-info.xml file. Is the package-info.xml file along with the smiley files all I need to create the package? If you can show me the correct code AS WELL as why what I have doesn't work then I  would make you a friend for life!  :D

P.S. Plus im lost when it comes to the uninstall string. I have no clue how to make it uninstallable

Quote?xml version="1.0"?>
<package-info xmlns="A lot of smileys" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
   <!-- For the id, always use something unique - put your name, a colon, and then the package name. -->
   <id>Jesse:Lots_o_Smileys</id>
   <!-- Below should be the name of this package. -->
   <name>Lots_o_Smileys</name>
   <!-- The version of this modification.  Keep it numeric so PHP can tell that old < new. -->
   <version>1.0</version>

<!-- Type, one of: modification, avatar, language. -->
   <type>smiley_Set</type>

<!-- Installation, the key part of this file. -->
   <install>
      <require-dir name="Lots_o_Smileys" destination="$smileysdir" />
   </install>

<!-- Don't forget something to make it uninstallable! -->

</package-info>
Jesse

A.M.A

Your (package-info.xml) looks ok .. assuming you have zipped/tar the package as this:

.. (main folder)
Lots_o_Smileys (sub folder which contains the images)
package-info.xml

- the package manger will only recognize three types of Mods; modification, avatar and language .. any other type will be unknown.
- the package manger will make a sub folder in Smileys folder and upload all images to it .. then you will have to add those smileys,
Admin -> Smileys and Smiley Sets -> Smiley Sets -> (New smiley Set) you will have the new set (folder) available.
- as for uninstall .. modifications to the source files or themes can be uninstalled .. as for removing folders or files, I'm not sure if this can be done, hope one of the Devs would comment on this.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Jesse Shaw

Quote from: A.M.A on January 08, 2005, 04:44:35 AM
Your (package-info.xml) looks ok .. assuming you have zipped/tar the package as this:

.. (main folder)
Lots_o_Smileys (sub folder which contains the images)
package-info.xml

- the package manger will only recognize three types of Mods; modification, avatar and language .. any other type will be unknown.
- the package manger will make a sub folder in Smileys folder and upload all images to it .. then you will have to add those smileys,
Admin -> Smileys and Smiley Sets -> Smiley Sets -> (New smiley Set) you will have the new set (folder) available.
- as for uninstall .. modifications to the source files or themes can be uninstalled .. as for removing folders or files, I'm not sure if this can be done, hope one of the Devs would comment on this.

That was the problem. I didnt compress them in a folder. They were compressed in the root. Still can't figure out the uninstall though. If the uninstall is not an option then whats the use making it a package? ;)
Jesse

Jesse Shaw

ok.... check this out..... I tried using remove-dir in the uninstall section and that did NOTHING! I didn't even get an error. Whats the deal?

<uninstall>
                <remove-dir name="Lots_O_Smileys" />
        </uninstall>
Jesse

Jesse Shaw

AHHHHHHH!!!! After playing with syntax for 2 HOURS! I finally got the $%#&$@ thing to uninstall! Here is my package-info.xml file in case this should ever happen to anyone else....

Quote<?xml version="1.0"?>
<package-info xmlns="A lot of smileys" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
   <!-- For the id, always use something unique - put your name, a colon, and then the package name.

-->
   <id>Jesse:Lots_o_Smileys</id>
   <!-- Below should be the name of this package. -->
   <name>Lots_o_Smileys</name>
   <!-- The version of this modification.  Keep it numeric so PHP can tell that old < new. -->
   <version>1.0</version>

<!-- Type, one of: modification, avatar, language. -->
   <type>modification</type>

<!-- Installation, the key part of this file. -->
   <install>
      <require-dir name="Lots_O_Smileys" destination="$smileysdir" />
        </install>

<!-- Don't forget something to make it uninstallable! -->
   <uninstall>
                <remove-dir name="$smileysdir/Lots_O_Smileys" />
        </uninstall>

</package-info>
Jesse

[Unknown]

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Yes, that's right.  However, I'm afraid that (unlike avatars and modifications) smiley set packages still require an extra step.  This should probably be fixed.

Thanks.

-[Unknown]

Jesse Shaw

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 08, 2005, 02:51:48 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Yes, that's right.  However, I'm afraid that (unlike avatars and modifications) smiley set packages still require an extra step.  This should probably be fixed.

Thanks.

-[Unknown]

In this rare case I don't think that extra step is so bad if your refering to loading them after installing them. After all, you may not want all 297 smileys.  ;)
Jesse

Advertisement: