News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No admin panel after upgrading 1.1.5 to 2.0 beta 3.1

Started by imgreat, June 06, 2008, 04:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imgreat

Installation went well, no errors came up. Everything completed but now "http://subetadrama.org/board/index.php?action=admin [nofollow]" no longer brings up my admin panel. Just a blank white screen.

Everything else seems to work, posting, profiles etc. Just no admin panel.

I had a custom theme on my board and a few karma and awards mods from 1.1.4 and 1.1.5.

I am stuck. Any ideas?

Edit: if it helps I have the following information from the upgrade process -

QuoteThe following template files will be updated to ensure they are compatible with this version of SMF. Note that this can only fix a limited number of compatibility issues and in general you should seek out the latest version of these themes/language files.

Area
   Changes Required

"English" Language Pack
(Admin, Admin, CustomProfile, ManageAwards, ModSettings, ModSettings, Staff)
"English-utf8" Language Pack
(Staff)
"Default" Theme
(Admin, BoardIndex, Modlog)
"Classic" Theme
(Post, Recent)
"Babylon" Theme
(Recent)
"D:\hshome\zombieco\subetadrama.org\board\Themes\outline\" Theme
(BoardIndex)

Fiery

Hello,

Does it come up if you use another theme.  If not reupload the files from the upgrade package.

imgreat

And how would one switch themes without using the admin panel?

imgreat

Still having no luck and I have re-run the upgrade several times now as suggested.

greyknight17

No need to run upgrade again. Get the SMF 2.0 beta 3.1 large upgrade package and upload those files to your webhost again....overwriting all the current files there. You may delete upgrade.php and the two .sql files.

imgreat

Wahey. I picked out the source and theme/default files to re-upload and got back into my admin panel to switch themes to default and now everything seems to be present and working.

Thank you for the help! Much appreciated.

SlammedDime

In the future, you can add ;theme=1 to the address bar when visiting your admin panel to switch to the default theme.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: