News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Show Local Url Titles

Started by Nathaniel, July 17, 2008, 11:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterP

Quote from: Inti31 on August 25, 2011, 12:40:30 AM
Quote from: thyssen2k on August 12, 2011, 01:19:22 PM
I've got the same issue on my board. i'd really appreciate a way to get this mod to ignore all img taged url links whereever they are on a board. that should do the trick.

Any news, statements to this? It would be very nice that this problem could be solved....

cheers, Inti31

Addition: okay, seems like development is over - I use now "Titled Links" - works fine...

Unfortunately that modification also links external pages, not only local links.

Any news from Nathaniel??

rebekahc

This mod is working properly on my forum, but I have found a bug.  When someone has clicked "Show new replies to your posts" and then posts a link from that session (ending in #new).  The link goes to the right place, but the title shown in their post is wrong.

So, not a critical issue, but it would be nice if there was something I could change in the filters to fix it.

Thanks!

Tom17

Right, I have a forum where I just did the big upgrade from 1.x to 2.0.1 and I desperately needed this plugin. However, I too was seeing the problem where [url] tags with bbc code within (such as [img]) were not being parsed.

As there was no fix and the other alternatives were not ideal, I had to learn how the plugin system works and alter this plugin to fix the problem.

Is anyone else interested in this still? If so, I can upload the changes I made. It seems that there is no movement on this thread in over 120 days so wondering how people have gotten around this problem.

Thanks,

Tom...

HunterP

Did you also got around this problem?

Quote from: HunterP on October 18, 2011, 03:32:08 PM
Unfortunately that modification also links external pages, not only local links.

jk3

Quote from: Tom17 on September 12, 2012, 11:15:12 PM
problem where [url] tags with bbc code within (such as [img]) were not being parsed.

alter this plugin to fix the problem.

Is anyone else interested in this still? If so, I can upload the changes I made.
I'm interesting in.

Please, upload your changes.

JorgeAVM

Skaty

i installed this mod yesterday but it broke my link with images.

i'm using bbc codes like:

[iurl=http://www.psvitaturkiye.com/forum/yazili/oddworld-stranger's-wrath-hd-3879/][img width=210 height=70]http://i.imgur.com/SpfDP.png[/img][/iurl]

how can i use this mod with image links properly ?

JorgeAVM

Exactly, that's the problem I have ...

I'm getting old waiting for a solution :P

jk3

I delete unparsed_equals_content handler from mod.

So,
BB-codes between [ url ] [/ url ] handling by this mod.
BB-codes between [ url= ] [/ url ] handling by default.

All functionality I need works correctly, what function loose I don't know.

P.S. Russian translate included :)

JorgeAVM

Thank you very much!

It just gave me an error about the missing Russian help file, but I omitted it and it's working very good.  ;)

jk3

jorgeavm
Thanks!

I missed "error=skip" on translate, corrected archive in my previous post.

Skaty

Quote from: jk3 on January 16, 2013, 03:42:44 AM
I delete unparsed_equals_content handler from mod.

So,
BB-codes between [ url ] [/ url ] handling by this mod.
BB-codes between [ url= ] [/ url ] handling by default.

All functionality I need works correctly, what function loose I don't know.

P.S. Russian translate included :)

Deleting exactly from where ?

JorgeAVM

That's what he did ... just download the mod he attached.
Remember to unistall and erase the unmodified mod from your site before uploading and installing this modified version.

Quote from: jk3 on January 17, 2013, 12:40:03 AM
jorgeavm
Thanks!

I missed "error=skip" on translate, corrected archive in my previous post.

Thanks jk3 ;)

Skaty

oh sorry, i think the attach is just russian translate.

i install the mod and send some new posts with link but it is shown like this:

Skaty

Quote from: Skaty on January 17, 2013, 10:05:31 AM
oh sorry, i think the attach is just russian translate.

i install the mod and send some new posts with link but it is shown like this:

any idea why is not work properly to me ?

Hristo

It works for me, but as I see you are using one of the pretty urls mods, so my guess is that that's the reason it does not work for you.

qubbah

It's take soo long time to parse url. The server stop respond. Is there any way to parse in webmin?

qubbah

is there anyone can tell me the code to run in SQL command to execute on database?

Arantor

No, there isn't, because it's not possible to do it in phpMyAdmin, you need to find the title for each URL and update each post manually - even in query form that's what would be happening, one post at a time.

_sebas_

I found a serious security problem, very easy to break, for a person without knowledge.

A user anyone without access to a Board,  can put random TOPIC numbers
.../index.php?topic=XXXX
trying until you get one that exists and is in restricted board.

This Mod, however, will give the title of the thread in full, ... in some cases this can be very engaging.
Can you solve?
What code should add? for a user without permission can not see those titles.

Advertisement: