News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How can I disable email addresses in rss feed?

Started by liamalexander, July 26, 2008, 11:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liamalexander

When I enable the rss feed, users email addresses  are displayed next to the time stamp.  Is there a way I can disable displaying email addresses in the rss with the admin panel, or do I need to edit the code?

I'm using SMF 1.1.5 at this address:  hxxp:www.liamalexander.com/computing/forum [nonactive]

Thanks in advance for any help

Oldiesmann

You're seeing them because you're viewing the feed while logged in as an admin. When I view the feed as a guest, it doesn't show any author info since guests can't see users' contact information.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

H

Note that the e-mails will still be public to guests if the users haven't chosen to hide their e-mails in their profile.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

liamalexander

Thanks, I realised this after I posted the question; that I see email addresses while logged in as admin.  I read a fix elsewhere on this forum which said change userEmail to userName in news.php.  I did this but it seemed to have no effect.

I guess as long as email addresses aren't available to guests I needn't worry about security.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement: