News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

help me pls-TEMPLATE NOT WORKING

Started by jensvanherck, August 13, 2008, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jensvanherck

i have a problem on my side of the server with http://localhost the template is ok and if meone else looks at it it has totaly no template....HELP ME please
I didnt install any mod or anything
This is at my side at the server side with http://192.168.1.16/forum

And this is if someone alse opens my forum

ps:my forum is hosted with wamp

ccbtimewiz

jensvanherck

that didnt work- please help me im searching for fix for 2 days now

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: jensvanherck on August 13, 2008, 11:34:36 AM
that didnt work- please help me im searching for fix for 2 days now

I myself never use my local machine as a host. It's obviously a path problem as users are unable to grab the images.

jensvanherck

i hope i get i fixed otherwise i need to use phpBB  :'(

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: jensvanherck on August 13, 2008, 01:37:53 PM
i hope i get i fixed otherwise i need to use phpBB  :'(

If repair_settings.php didn't fix this case, it's a problem with the way you're hosting your forum Not SMF. I recommend going with a real host rather than using your PC as a host.

jensvanherck

i need to host it on my machine im only 16years old and dont have credit card to pay a good host

Dragooon

Its harder and more costier to host on your PC than on a host :).
And make sure all the theme paths are correct at Admin > Themes and layout.

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Amacythe

There are free hosts out there that would do you better than hosting on your own computer.  Try one of them.

jensvanherck

yea i have decided to go to a good low cost host www.one.com

Rumbaar

I'll assume this is no longer an issue?  This issue is when you paths are wrong and also when access to resources isn't available to the public.

If this is solved feel free to mark it as solved otherwise reply with some details of what isn't working.  To mark an issue solved please change the first post message icon to the 'tick' icon.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Rumbaar on August 19, 2008, 06:45:55 AM
If this is solved feel free to mark it as solved otherwise reply with some details of what isn't working.  To mark an issue solved please change the first post message icon to the 'tick' icon.

Of click "solved" on bottom right (should be there)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Rumbaar

Quote from: Jade on August 19, 2008, 08:41:41 AMOf click "solved" on bottom right (should be there)
I think you mean 'Or', but I don't think general users have access to that functionality.  I don't remember I having it when I was a general user.  But it would be great if they did for their topics.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Rumbaar on August 19, 2008, 05:51:25 PM
Quote from: Jade on August 19, 2008, 08:41:41 AMOf click "solved" on bottom right (should be there)
I think you mean 'Or', but I don't think general users have access to that functionality.  I don't remember I having it when I was a general user.  But it would be great if they did for their topics.

Yup I meant OR lol.
They do, it's been there a while now :)
I just don't know about this section

Advertisement: