News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.4

Started by ThorstenE, August 17, 2008, 02:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

@dakuipje:
please try the mybb_to_smf.sql attached to this message:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=256073.msg1719516#msg1719516
the converter stops before overloading but should automatically continue after 5 Seconds. Try it without click "continue".

@foxxx428:
ugrading SMF "can" be a problem because all table fields were changed to SMF standard values during the upgrade. During the first logon from a user the password is changed to the SMF encryption (4 character salted SHA1). So a later upgrade without the above changes may destroy passwords, but only passwords from members who never logged in SMF before.

foxxx428

Okay I think I just learned something here, but I need to clarify. I think what you're saying is that if I upgraded to 1.1.7 now and waited to upgrade to 2.0 until it's final and used the normal upgrade path, everyone who had already logged in won't have a problem after the upgrade, but those who didn't will need a password reset, correct? That makes sense since I'd already upgraded to 2.0 before I gave anyone access to the test board. I'm just weighing my options thinking that anyone who doesn't log in by then probably won't be returning.

ThorstenE

yes, that's exactly what I tried to say :)

Excuse my sometimes "horrible" english  :P (my native language is german).. I learned english in school but it's more than 17 years ago ;)

foxxx428

Simply amazing support! I think all my problems are resolved except redoing all the subforums and fixing bbcodes, etc. Thank you so much. I just need to consult the rest of my team to decide which way to proceed. By the way, your english is just fine.  :)

SleePy

foxxx428,

Running upgrade again may revert the field again to the lower value. The best thing I can say is hopefully by the next time you do a upgrade (and run Upgrade.php), that your users have logged in already so their passwords are updated to match SMF's encryption.
You could let your users know about the conversion and see if that gets those lurkers to come back to relogin.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

karthikguru

Quote from: osgeld on September 22, 2008, 09:34:15 PM
Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'irshello_irsrobo'@'localhost' for table 'users'

this is what i get with that file (hi btw) ... this is a 1.14 site

i'm also having this same problem how to solvi it????

ThorstenE

Common conversion errors.
the MySQL user from SMF needs access to your myBB database. a possible solution: install SMF and MyBB in the same database.

karthikguru

Converting categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `database`.smf_categories
    (ID_CAT, name, catOrder)
    VALUES ('1', 'MBA ZONE', '3'),
    ('6', 'Downloadz 360', '6'),
    ('14', 'Projectz 360', '2'),
    ('23', 'E bookz 360', '4'),
    ('31', 'Campus 360', '5'),
    ('82', 'Anna university Questions', '8'),
    ('290', 'General Discussion', '1'),
    ('309', 'Lounge', '7');

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

hi i'm getting this error wat should i do??? i tried the  "    
[Beta] Correct high ID_CAT values "  php file but it din work wat to do????

ThorstenE

any errors while using the "Correct high ID_CAT values"?

you should run the first step from that file, then start the conversion and after the converter has finished run the second step from "correct high ID_CAT values"

if this doesn't solve your issue you can also use phpMyAdmin ( What is phpMyAdmin? ) and change the smf tables from tinyint to int.

ALTER TABLE `smf_categories` CHANGE `ID_CAT` `ID_CAT` INT( 4 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT 
  ALTER TABLE `smf_boards` CHANGE `ID_CAT` `ID_CAT` INT( 4 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

foxxx428

Quote from: SleePy on January 06, 2009, 07:10:03 PM
foxxx428,

Running upgrade again may revert the field again to the lower value. The best thing I can say is hopefully by the next time you do a upgrade (and run Upgrade.php), that your users have logged in already so their passwords are updated to match SMF's encryption.
You could let your users know about the conversion and see if that gets those lurkers to come back to relogin.

I really hate sending out mass emails, but I thought your advice is probably best. We ended up using 1.1.7, but it's lacking many features and are growing anxious to the 2.0 upgrade. The problem is we depend on the mkportal for our front page and as far as I know, none of the other portals are set up to run as the front page. The other problem I have is this, I simply cannot find a mass email option in the admin control panel! Am I blind or is it just not an option? You're converter itself did the trick for us and it took me about 12 hours to re-do what was lost in case anyone has a medium sized board and are planning on doing this by themselves like I did. I just up and decided to do it on New Years Eve while everyone else was getting blasted and oddly enough, I couldn't find a single soul to help me! Anyway, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this as painless as possible. I wanted to rep or karma you, but I guess it's disabled on this board.

ThorstenE

for the Newsletters: Admin - News & Newsletters - Newsletters
Choose your groups, then click next and fill the forms ...

You can also use TinyPortal & SimplePortal for the "frontpage".. the only thing you must do: move the entire SMF folder to the top and run repair_settings.php (What is repair_settings.php? )
http://www.tinyportal.net
http://www.simpleportal.net

DJBoddington

I tried this but i get;
See Attactched ::(

ThorstenE

DJBoddington, this looks like a broken session.. please restart the conversion from the beginning.. are the errors the same?

DJBoddington

ah okay :)
Worked and i stuck it in a differnet database (to the one with MyBB in)
Edit; Hmm..a member struggled to log in, they reset password - still failed to login, i changed it - it works....is there anything to do so i dont have to edit all members?

ThorstenE

Quote from: DJBoddington on January 10, 2009, 03:34:54 PM
is there anything to do so i dont have to edit all members?
the MyBB Forum uses a different encrytion but SMF is able to read the old passwords.. have you done an upgrade to 2.0.B4 after the conversion? then read this please:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=256073.msg1858020#msg1858020

Álvaro R

I have a problem...
Appear:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.4. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'alvaroro_smf'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

I dont know what i can make :/

Álvaro R

in this page no is the answer...
the problem is...
The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'alvaroro_smf'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

:/

ThorstenE

both forums should be installed into the same database.. you can use different databases, but: the MySQL User for both databases must be the same.

QuoteProblem: SELECT command denied to user
Info: The cause of this error is that SMF and Software X are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to Software X's database.
Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to Software X's database.  If your host does not have cPanel you can contact them with regards on how to accomplish this. As well as a last resort, what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as Software X.]

Álvaro R

Advertisement: