News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Show Recent Topics by 24h 48h 72h

Started by parrotalert, January 09, 2012, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parrotalert

Link to Mod

Show Recent Topics by 24h 48h 72h

The mod will add the a filter option just below the unread and unread replies in the header of template.

BaghdadGhost

this is a great mod thanks.

by the way, is there a way to show just the latest submitted topics NOT recent topics?

thanks

AK49BWL

Something I noticed... The "new" icon shows up on every topic regardless of the member's read status. I'm in the process of upgrading to SMF 2.0.2 from 1.1.16 and making sure everything transfers over - I'm using a similar mod for SMF 1.1, and noted in that, the "new" icon is regulated by (bool)$topic['is_read'].. Tracing back, the query is as follows:
" . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? '1 AS isRead, 0 AS new_from' : '
IFNULL(lt.ID_MSG, IFNULL(lmr.ID_MSG, 0)) >= m.ID_MSG_MODIFIED AS isRead,
IFNULL(lt.ID_MSG, IFNULL(lmr.ID_MSG, -1)) + 1 AS new_from') . "

and then in the array setup,
is_read' => $row['isRead'],

Now, I do know a good amount of PHP, but database querying I'm quite ... Not so smart at lol. Can I get some help with fixing the "new" icon so that it only shows up when the topic actually hasn't been read?

Otherwise, this is a fantastic mod, and I'm glad you've made it for 2.0! Since the mod I'm currently using is only for 1.1...

Chalky

Quote from: AK49BWL on January 31, 2012, 03:06:11 AM
Something I noticed... The "new" icon shows up on every topic regardless of the member's read status..... Can I get some help with fixing the "new" icon so that it only shows up when the topic actually hasn't been read?

Just wondering whether anyone has managed to come up with a fix for this yet?  It isn't a big deal and I still love the mod, but it would be nice....  :)

sp3ctre

Same here, the "new" icon is showing up for me too. Fix that and we have a great mod here I think

Apllicmz

When update dont forget Portuguese files

<file name="$languagedir/index.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="after"><![CDATA[$txt['unread_replies'] = 'Updated Topics';]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['show_recent_topics'] = 'Mostrar t&oacute;picos Passados: ';
$txt['recent_topics'] = 'T&oacute;picos Passados %d Horas';
$txt['recent_topics_none'] = 'N&atilde;o forum Adicionado/Actualizado T&oacute;picos Durante as Passadas %d Horas';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/index.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="after"><![CDATA[$txt['unread_replies'] = 'Updated Topics';]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['show_recent_topics'] = 'Mostrar t&oacute;picos Passados: ';
$txt['recent_topics'] = 'T&oacute;picos Passados %d Horas';
$txt['recent_topics_none'] = 'N&atilde;o forum Adicionado/Actualizado T&oacute;picos Durante as Passadas %d Horas';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

MotRude

pierrelogic

Love this mod, thanks!

However, I ran into a situation where it won't work on a new theme I just applied no matter how I emulate SMF versions or manual attempt to make the changes.

Went from Chocolate Curvaceous (2.0) to Helios Multi (2.0)

Got error squawking at me saying in the ./Themes/heliosmulti_smf20final_b/index.template.php

Select
Quote<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li><li>', $txt['show_recent_topics'], '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recenttopics;period=24">24h</a>&nbsp;<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recenttopics;period=48">48h</a>&nbsp;<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recenttopics;period=72">72h</a></li>

Replace
Quote<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>

There is no <li> in that php file at all?  Am I maybe pulling the wrong index.template.php?

Thanks
It's all about the ride

meylodie

Hello,

I was looking for a MOD such as this one, had not found it and then was advised here to have a look at "Show Recent Topics by 24h 48h 72h".

I installed it, and it does not work, it seems.

It has said "success" for all the themes during the test, except one (which no one uses so far) but, there aren't any new entries.

I have cleaned the cache, removed the cookies, used "Shift+reload page", no new entries have been created.

I am using SMF 2.0.4 with the CC theme as main theme. You can see it here:
http://beta.linuxvillage.net/index.php

any thoughts on this ?

Thanks,
Mélodie

meylodie

Hello,

I am back on the topic because in fact it does work... but for one theme only which is the classic actual SMF theme. All the other themes don't display the entries for the messages "24/36/72".

There is one particularly which is our default, the "CC", used by a big majority of members.

How could I fix it to make it work on the other themes ?

TheListener

Quote from: meylodie on February 14, 2013, 06:10:27 PM
Hello,

How could I fix it to make it work on the other themes ?

Manually editing the necesary files.

meylodie

Quote from: Old Fossil on February 14, 2013, 07:33:15 PM

Then I suppose, all it should take would be looking at the files provided by the plugin, in the administration board, then... then what ? Make a diff before/after with the actual files and the files backed up which has the '~' at the end ?

Is this supposition correct ?

Edit: It looks like there are two of these files:

RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/install.php (1698 octets)
    RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/modification.xml (23845 octets)
    RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/package-info.xml (843 octets)
    RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/uninstall.php (1697 octets)

the ones in the middle...

NightzKung

Chalky

Quote from: meylodie on February 15, 2013, 07:07:14 AM
Quote from: Old Fossil on February 14, 2013, 07:33:15 PM

Then I suppose, all it should take would be looking at the files provided by the plugin, in the administration board, then... then what ? Make a diff before/after with the actual files and the files backed up which has the '~' at the end ?

Is this supposition correct ?

Edit: It looks like there are two of these files:

RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/install.php (1698 octets)
    RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/modification.xml (23845 octets)
    RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/package-info.xml (843 octets)
    RecentTopics24h48h72h-V1/uninstall.php (1697 octets)

the ones in the middle...

No, on the mod page (link in the first post of the thread) select your version in the dropdown (2.0.4?) and press the "Parse" button".  You will see that there are only two edits to theme files, index.template.php and Recent.template.php.  Follow those instructions to make those edits to your custom themes and you should be good.  Just make sure you save a copy of the original file as backup before you start editing , just in case it all goes wrong ;)

meylodie

Hi,

There is an issue in my forum, it seems it doesn't work anymore. I have removed it and reinstalled (not having an idea about what else to do) and this didn't solve the issue.

The SMF version run is the 2.0.6.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Mélodie

margarett

How do I ask support questions the smart way?

I'm sorry, but it is impossible to do anything with your post... There is an issue: what issue do you have? Are we supposed to guess?

Also: is this issue in any way related to this MOD?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

meylodie

Quote from: margarett on January 16, 2014, 07:32:15 PM
How do I ask support questions the smart way?

I'm sorry, but it is impossible to do anything with your post... There is an issue: what issue do you have? Are we supposed to guess?

Also: is this issue in any way related to this MOD?

Hi,

Sorry, I rephrase: I have an issue with this MOD which on my forum does not work anymore. (Of course it is about this MOD, this is the reason why I post here).

http://forum.linuxvillage.org/

it used to be displayed on the top left side, and it is not displayed at all anymore.

This happened recently but I don't know when exactly. The reason why I don't know exactly when is that it always worked with the default theme only, because I didn't configure the other themes to use it. Then for Xmas I switched the default theme to another one, and changed the logo header for one related to Xmas. Only a few days ago I restored the default SMS - Curve as default theme and switched back our default logo header on the other themes.

I have also noticed after a new member has registered today, that I used also to see "a new member awaits for your approval" in the header of the index, and it was not there this time.

All help appreciated.

Regards,
Mélodie

meylodie

Hi,

I just solved it. For some reason, a tiny "button" in the up right corner of the page, besides "Forum d'entraide d'utilisateurs GNU/Linux"  was upside down. Hovering it displays "hide or display the header". I hadn't noticed this button and thought there was a bug.

Advertisement: