Well, if your board is the sort that has a lot of people posting images, you don't really want your bandwidth getting wasted do you? So here are instructions on how to make it so that images can be linked from somewhere else, but uploaded from your board
Credit to ImageShack.us for permission to post this.
These instructions will help you to install ImageShack into the reply and post-new-thread sections of your Simple Machines Forum, thus giving your visitors the ability to upload images directly. After upload, they may paste the images directly into their post box.
Skip Step 1 if you are using the default theme: Your bgcolor is 1E1E1E and your txtcolor is 000000.
Step 1: Finding the background and text colors of your forum so that you may assign them to your iframe and have complete integration.
1. Go to the reply or post-new-topic page.
2. Hit print-screen. Open up a graphics-editing program such as Adobe Photoshop(tm).
3. Open a new document and paste the print-screen data into it.
4. Use the color selection tool to find the hexadecimal value of the color UNDER the posting box and ABOVE the "Post" button: Click the eyedropper tool.
Move it to the area mentioned above and click on the picture.
In your software's toolbar, a new color loads.
Click on this color, and you will see a hexadecimal value for bgcolor. You can also zoom in and find the color of your text this way.
Step 2: Pasting the 'ImageShack on your Site' form inside your forum.
The file that you will be working with are located in the following directory:
If you are using different template (not default), please go to the directory associated with THAT different template.
Some templates do not have a Post.template.php file. Also, make sure to backup your files before doing any modifications to them.
1. Open Post.template.php . You can do this by using ftp to download the file Post.template.php , and then uploading it back once you are finished editing it.
2. search for the following instance:
3. Add After:
echo '<iframe src="http://www.imageshack.us/iframe.php?bgcolor=FFFFFF&txtcolor=111111&type=blank" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="280" height="70"> You must have an iframe-compatable browser to view the ImageShack.us upload form.</iframe>';
4. Save your changes. Login to your forum. Either click "Post New Thread" or reply to an existing thread in order to test out your new Image Hosting Service!