News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade from Mambo 4.5.1b to 4.5.2

Started by Damienov, February 16, 2005, 07:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damienov

Just a couple of hours ago the new 4.5.2 mambo version came out. And I was wandering if an upgrade will effect the SMF bridge?
I assumed as there were no database change, at least the bridge login and database sync is not altered. that just leave the session handling, am I wrong?

Damienov

additional info
I have succesfully install a clean mambo 4.5.2 to check what is is that has been changed.
Mainly its only bug fix, these are the nganges from 4.5.1b to 4.5.2

QuoteWhat's New in Version 4.5.2
{mosimage}Version 4.5.2 is the first maintenance release for the 4.5.x series of Mambo. It includes over 125 bug fixes and a counter measure for a XSS problem found in the PHP globals variable.
Administrator Interface
Important: Whenever you enter most "edit" screens, that is, a screen where there is a "Save" button, the menubar will be hidden from view.  This is a safety measure to ensure that a user does not simply navigate to another screen without either saving or cancelling, leaving the item "checked out".

Templates
Site Templates

Solar Flare II is a new template provided with this release.

Help System Changes

The Help Menu has been reduced to simply link to the index page. The help screen now has quick links to the Support, Credits and License pages.

The glossary from the manual has now been included in the help system.

System Info is also accessed from the help page.

Help file can now be in html format as well as docbook xml. Help files can also be included with a component (see the API changes below).

You also have the ability to link to the help files on help.mamboserver.com.  In Global Configuration on the Server tab there is field for the "Help Server".  Enter http://mamboserver.com [nofollow] in this field and the help screens will be obtained directly from this site.  This makes it possible to have the latest information at your fingertips without having to wait for the next version of Mambo.

Components
Contacts

V-card capabilities have been added.
Weblinks

If the weblinks list is filtered by a category, new items will auto-select this category.

A parameter has been added to control how a weblink opens.

Mambots

A new code highlighting mambot based on GeSHi has been added.

New search mambots have been added for Content Sections and Categories.

A new Email cloaking Mambot has been added.

Menu Manager

In a menu list, a hyperlink has been to static content items that will take you directly to the edit screen for that item. This is also available for Contacts and and Newsfeeds.

Modules

The description of the module a now displayed on the module edit screen (this is sourced from the xml setup file).

A "Linked Title" parameter has been added to the Newsflash module.

For Deveopers
Libraries

The DOMIT! library has been updated to the latest version. The DOMIT! XML-RPC library has also been added.

TinyMCE has been updated.

Feedcreator has been updated.

A new tooltip library has been added (author: Walter Zorn). The existing tooltip library is still included in this release.

The patTemplate xml-based templating library has been added.
API

Parameters can assign a different name ot their form control.

The mosreadDirectory function is now able to recursively look in sub directories.

The database class supports two new methods. Quote returns an escaped string wrapped in single quotes. loadAssocList returns a list of table rows as associative arrays.

mosLoadModules has a new '-3' style.  This parameter renders a module using html definition list tags that allow greater flexibility for template designers.  Techniques such as css rounded corners around a module is at last possible with this new option.
Admin Toolbars

You can now include help files with your components, for example, in a /help directory under the component directory. In addition, you may write help file in html as well as docbook example. To use these new features, write the full relative path as the first argument of the mosMenubar help method. Specify true as the second (optional) argument. This tells Mambo to look in the component's directory first.

as far as I can see, there is no change in session handling, so i asume its safe to upgrade?

chadness

It SHOULD be, but like they say, make a full backup first.  Personally, I've edited some core files, so it'll be a little extra work....

deejayh

Hi,

QuotePersonally, I've edited some core files, so it'll be a little extra work....
sigh...me toooooo. ahrrrrr
Regards,
Dave
Family History UK  - http://www.familyhistory.uk.com

chadness

I just finished.  It only took me about an hour to go through - could have been worse.  And now I have, like I should have originally, a list of files that I've changed :)

deejayh

Hi,

Sorted all mine out! No problems - everything seems to work OK :)

- Except mambot link to simpleboard does not seem to be working! :-[

Will investigate further!
Cheers,
Dave
Regards,
Dave

Kindred

simpleboard?   This is the bridge for SMF...
(or are you just getting confused?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

deejayh

Yes! Sorry confused! :)

Switched forums from simpleboard to simplemachines with the latest new install mambo 4.5.2.

Love it! Though I still cannot get the {mos_smf_discuss:} to work!

Dave
Regards,
Dave

Kindred

Ok... on the discussbot...

{mos_smf_discuss:Boardname}
i.e.
{mos_smf_discuss:General Discussion}

needs to appear in the MAIN part of the news item... not the "preview" part that is displayed with a "read more" link... but in the ...more.... section.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: