News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[RESOLVED] Forum error : UPDATE command denied to user

Started by swyl, January 10, 2009, 08:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swyl

Hello guys and gals.. just went to my site and found this

Quote: UPDATE command denied to user 'web_2410533'@'192.168.0.106' for table 'smf_members'
/home/vol2/web44.co.cc/web_2410533/htdocs/forums/Sources/Subs.php

http://www.saywhatyoulike.com/forums/

Anyone got any idea whats happened ?

NEMINI

the username that administrates the database your smf is on does not have the permission to ALTER.  this can be fixed in your cpanel by changing the permissions for that database user.
signatures are boring.

swyl

Without changing anything, I am now getting this error.
QuoteDatabase Error: INSERT command denied to user 'web_2410533'@'192.168.0.106' for table 'smf_log_online'
File: /home/vol2/web44.co.cc/web_2410533/htdocs/forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2674Database Error: UPDATE command denied to user 'web_2410533'@'192.168.0.106' for table 'smf_sessions'
File: /home/vol2/web44.co.cc/web_2410533/htdocs/forums/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2013

I am a bit lost on the db user permissions. Assuming you mean the 'web_2410533' on my sql db via my hosts cpanel ?

NEMINI

when you created SMF you had to have provided a Database name and a Database username.  That database username had to be given permission via cpanel to work on the database.

cpanel => MySQL databases => scroll down to the MySQL users section => select the username that you assigned to the database your SMF is using and give that user ALL permissions on that database.

the direction may need to be altered depending on what version of cpanel you have but should give you the general idea.
signatures are boring.

swyl

QuoteMySQL Databases

Here you can create and remove MySQL databases on your account.

You are currently using 1 of 5 databases.

Make a new database::

Your current databases: [_________empty box_______]

Database Name:  web_2410533_swyl

[Backup] [Admin]

Remove Database:

web_2410533_swylweb_2410533_swyl

[Remove Database]

I see nothing about the user or permissions side of things. I havelooked through the menus and find nothing.  :(

NEMINI

if you have an older version of cpanel you may have a separate database users button.
signatures are boring.

swyl

The only other options I see in the sql menu are for:

Slow query statistics (shows nothing about users)
and
phpMyAdmin (I dont understand this part very well but it loads a php-myadmin.com page showing all kinds of stuff about structures sql search query export import and operations with a load of files showing underneath on the structures tab)

swyl

according to my ftp, a folder has appeared on the base root. The folder is called _Backups but contains nothing and wont let me access it, saying:

Response:   550 Can't change directory to _Backups: Permission denied
Error:   Failed to retrieve directory listing

This folder was last modified some 25 minutes ago, but not by me.
I noticed also, the sources/subs.php was modified and backed up earlier, about 3 hours ago, when I wasn't even aware of a problem and not on my pc. I think I am gonna contact the hosts and ask them if they know anything at all. The site has been up and running with the only problem aside from doing late updates due to me being new to it all, and spam bots.

Thanks for your attempts to help... I know what you mean about there being a username and permissions thing but I had help in setting it all up so I dont recall much about where that should be, although as I say, I have checked through and cannot find it.

swyl

I think this can be marked resolved as it seems the .co.cc hosting is playing up for everyone, found a couple of .co.co hosted sites and they are playing up too.

Oh well..

Nemini, thanks for your input and help, very much appreciated.  O:)

Advertisement: