Profile Search

Started by Filipina, April 14, 2009, 12:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipina

Hello and glad to be here. Trouble connecting to SMF at times but all seems well today.

I have SMF 1.1.8 default Theme and a million mods, almost.

Ok, I have had a million people tell me a dating site on SMF is a bad idea. I don't care because I have 3500 members, SMF Gallery Pro, decent traffic, so I like things just the way they are.

I tried searching this but maybe I do not enter the correct terms. Is it possible, or how would I go about getting the search function to zoom in on profiles only with an age paramater. You know like someone types in "25" or "1981-1983" and gets a list of members matching this criteria.  Am I dreaming? LOL

I am willing to add something to the profile template if it can work.  Or maybe there is a way to customize the search function I am not aware of. Something tells be it might be tied into the date of birth question on registration  :)

Thanks for any ideas.

fals

Well, i know how to search for birthdate/year :-)

You need to altor your Sources/Memberlist.php
Look for:
    // Set up the columns...
    $context['columns'] = array(
        'isOnline' => array(
            'label' => $txt['online8'],
            'width' => '20'
        ),
        'realName' => array(
            'label' => $txt[35]
        ),

Add after:

'birthdate' => array(
            'label' => $txt[420]
        ),

Look for:
    // List out the different sorting methods...
    $sort_methods = array(
        'isOnline' => array(
            'down' => '(ISNULL(lo.logTime)' . (!allowedTo('moderate_forum') ? ' OR NOT mem.showOnline' : '') . ') ASC, realName ASC',
            'up' => '(ISNULL(lo.logTime)' . (!allowedTo('moderate_forum') ? ' OR NOT mem.showOnline' : '') . ') DESC, realName DESC'
        ),
        'realName' => array(
            'down' => 'mem.realName ASC',
            'up' => 'mem.realName DESC'
        ),

Add after:

'birthdate' => array(
            'down' => 'mem.birthdate DESC',
            'up' => 'mem.birthdate ASC'
        ),

Look for:
        // Search for websites.
        if (in_array('website', $_POST['fields']))
            $fields += array(7 => 'websiteTitle', 'websiteUrl');

Add after:
        // Search for birthday.
        if (in_array('birthdate', $_POST['fields']))
            $fields += array(10 => 'birthdate');

Open your Memberlist.template.php

Look for:
<label for="fields-name"><input type="checkbox" name="fields[]" id="fields-name" value="name" checked="checked" class="check" /> ', $txt['mlist_search_name'], '</label><br />

Add after:
<label for="fields-birthdate"><input type="checkbox" name="fields[]" id="fields-birthdate" value="birthdate" checked="checked" class="check" /> Search for birthday</label><br />

Now you can search for 1979, 79 or exact birthdate 1979-07-21  ;)
(it dosnt show the date/age in the list though)

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

Filipina

Wow fals thanks a million for that. The only thing I had a problem with was the number of tables on the memberlist but I was able to figure out the edit to make it work. This is a 100% improvement over no age search and thanks for your assistance. Now members can plug in a year of birth on search and get a list of members born in that year.  :)

I wonder if there is a way to get that age column on the member list to actually show the age of the member pulling from the date of birth? 

Filipina

Hey fals just wondering if your error log fills up now if you use this age search method. Mine is now filling up quickly with these errors.

http://www.melindaspenpals.com/penpal-community/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=80 
8: Undefined index: birthdate
File: /xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/penpal-community/Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 121

fals

Hey
Sorry, cant tell, im not using this search.... and my errorlog is disabled  :-\

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

greyknight17

Filipina, is this issue resolved now? If not and you still get those errors, do the below:

Go into phpMyAdmin and click on your database. Then click on the SQL tab and copy paste the following code and run it:

INSERT INTO smf_settings VALUES ('disableTemplateEval', 1);

Use the forum a little and try to regenerate new errors. If any are found, post the new ones here. Then run this query to undo the change we made earlier:

DELETE FROM smf_settings WHERE variable = 'disableTemplateEval';

Advertisement: