News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

bbc color menu

Started by Spaceman-Spiff, November 23, 2003, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman-Spiff

got this idea from the Jump to drop down menu
can we have the colors displayed for the color BBCode menu instead of the color names?
currently it says: black, red, blue, etc
but wouldnt it be cooler if the menu shows the colors instead?

eFishie

This is something I like about XOOPS, it shows the color code and what it looks like.

Another idea about this, have an input box where a user inputs text, then clicks an Add button, and next to the Add button, show a preview of the text. That's another XOOPS thing, and I find it very cool.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Jack.R.Abbit™

To the best of my knowledge, only one color can be applied to the text of a form element.  So if a color was defined in the style for the dropdown list, only one color could be applied to the entire list.  But I am not an expert in CSS, I could be wrong.

Grudge

Quote from: Jack.R.Abbit on November 24, 2003, 02:47:36 AM
To the best of my knowledge, only one color can be applied to the text of a form element.  So if a color was defined in the style for the dropdown list, only one color could be applied to the entire list.  But I am not an expert in CSS, I could be wrong.

I *think* he means do the colour drop down box like the message icon box (if not they should do :p ). Basically - you could make little images of the colours in the box and display them instead of the text. It would look very pretty...
I'm only a half geek really...

Amacythe

this would be a helpful addition to my board

Jack.R.Abbit™

Quote from: Grudge on November 24, 2003, 04:04:36 AM

I *think* he means do the colour drop down box like the message icon box (if not they should do :p ). Basically - you could make little images of the colours in the box and display them instead of the text. It would look very pretty...
Ahhh... that would make more sense... and would be pretty cool... and would be possible.

Spaceman-Spiff

i didnt mean the fancy javascript, though it will be cool to have that
i just meant using simple css, like the Jump to: select
example: http://www.monkey-pirate.com/colorsmenu.html

this can be easily edited in the teamplate

Jack.R.Abbit™

I see... I don't get those colors in Opera.  I did not know you could do that my mistake.  Is it non-standard or is Opera just lagging here?

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on November 24, 2003, 12:15:05 PM
i didnt mean the fancy javascript, though it will be cool to have that
i just meant using simple css, like the Jump to: select
example: http://www.monkey-pirate.com/colorsmenu.html

this can be easily edited in the teamplate

Well, while this might be useful, nothing beats the preview button. Even though this shows you what the color looks like, you won't know what it looks like on the background color of the message.

Quote from: Grudge on November 24, 2003, 04:04:36 AM

What about inline style? You know...

<select>
<option value="color" style="background-color:color">color</option>
</select>
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: Jack.R.Abbit on November 24, 2003, 02:09:13 PM
I see... I don't get those colors in Opera.  I did not know you could do that my mistake.  Is it non-standard or is Opera just lagging here?

added xhtml and css validation. the page seem to validate properly

Advertisement: