News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[3572] SMF2.0 RC1-1 - All personal messages deleted when deleting one

Started by Norv, July 04, 2009, 05:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Probably this is known, but I didn't know, just experienced it, heh. My apologies if it's a redundant report.

All personal messages in a conversation (using conversation view) are deleted when the user is deleting one single message (tested deleting the topmost, that is, the most recent).
I "managed" once on simplemachines.org, and the steps below are tested on a quite new installation, with default theme and no mods installed:
- have two users on a SMF2.0 RC1-1 forum, at least one with "display personal messages - as a conversation" enabled.
- activate also "save a copy of each personal message in my outbox by default" and "show most recent personal messages at top".
- send a message from user1 to user2
- have user2 reply to user1 message
- have user1 reply to user2 message
- have user2 reply to his own message (by mistake, probably, or for some reason, as long as he can reply to himself.)
- user2 notices that his latest message makes no sense, and tries to remove it, by using the "remove" link on the top left corner of the message. There are such links near any message, so it's natural to assume they mean "remove this message".
- indeed, a dialog box asks "remove this message?". Click ok.

==> all messages of the conversation have been removed...
==> check the database: the messages are there (user1 still has them), but for the second message (sent by user2 to user1), "deletedBySender" is 1.

The same if it's a normal reply (not one to himself).
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

karlbenson

We weren't aware of it.

Thanks for reporting. http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=3572
Tested and confirmed on our latest svn version too.

Vekseid

Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Advertisement: