News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PHP code.

Started by Tomer, November 29, 2003, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomer

You guys should also give us and tell us how to make a portal with the PHP or other pages, so if I want to make a page that you have to be logged in the forum to acess it. thanks

[Unknown]

Easily done.  I will be, but only after I'm done working on SMF enough that I have time.

-[Unknown]

Tomer

thanks, that would be kick ass dude.

pulpitfire

Quote from: Lamper on November 29, 2003, 03:56:15 AM
You guys should also give us and tell us how to make a portal with the PHP or other pages, so if I want to make a page that you have to be logged in the forum to acess it. thanks

That would be nice if it had an automated process like Yapp.  You can do it on your own, by uploading your page (in php, along with any globals you may need, a template_header(); at the beginning, a footer(); at the end, and an obExit(); if needed) to a directory like Sources, and then inserting a key in your Index array, and a link in your template or $yymenu in Subs.php.

You can also modify your index.php so the Board & Messageindex doesn't load until you want it to.  That way the front page of your forum can be anything you want. 

[Unknown]

Quote from: pege on November 29, 2003, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: Lamper on November 29, 2003, 03:56:15 AM

That would be nice if it had an automated process like Yapp.  You can do it on your own, by uploading your page (in php, along with any globals you may need, a template_header(); at the beginning, a footer(); at the end, and an obExit(); if needed) to a directory like Sources, and then inserting a key in your Index array, and a link in your template or $yymenu in Subs.php.

You can also modify your index.php so the Board & Messageindex doesn't load until you want it to.  That way the front page of your forum can be anything you want. 

Yes, but none of that will work in SMF at all.  I can show you how we do it here. (http://www.simplemachines.org/ uses SSI.php all the way.)

-[Unknown]

David

This entire site is built using the SMF template system.  Every page uses SMF templates.
This space for rent.

Advertisement: