News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Who uses a zCommunity for blogging?

Started by Awilum, August 10, 2009, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awilum

Who uses a zCommunity for blogging?
I need to see working examples of blogs on it
Web Development Art - Programming :: Design :: SEO
| My web projects |

H

Search for "Powered by zcommunity" on Google (with the quotes) and it should get a list of sites :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Awilum

I can not find a big heavy blogging on it  :(
| My web projects |

TheDisturbedOne

Degrees of Zero has a good size blog on it.

Awilum

I can not see it :(

Degrees of Zero is in the process of moving servers. We'll be back soon.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
| My web projects |

TheDisturbedOne

Well once they are on a new server, it will be up.

Charles Hill

Yes I've been insanely busy, but I have managed to get quite a bit done with Degrees of Zero and zCommunity in the past week or so.

I'm actually still debating whether or not I want to provide a SMF mod as a bridge for zCommunity.  I'm leaning towards making the bridge, but I am still weary about having to support such a mod (and deal with SMF related issues).

gbsothere

I hope this isn't a hijack, but I just wanted to say that I look forward to Degrees Of Zero being back up, Charles.  I can learn a lot from gleaning the support forum, there, and I really need to log in there, right about now.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Charles Hill

Quote from: gbsothere on August 11, 2009, 05:07:57 PM
I hope this isn't a hijack, but I just wanted to say that I look forward to Degrees Of Zero being back up, Charles.  I can learn a lot from gleaning the support forum, there, and I really need to log in there, right about now.   :)

It'll be 100% my own code running the show once it's back up... I will have to get creative to import the old database info for the forum from the db back ups I have.  The forum plugin for zCommunity is nearly done (with most basic features).  So hopefully it won't be too long now.

If you'd like to check my progress, you can do so here:
http://www.degreesofzero.com/doz/index.php

gbsothere

I like the clean look. (But I hope the penguin shows back up.)  :D  I'm looking forward to it; it's a great source for learning the ins and outs of zCommunity and for learning what I can about your other mods.

Will we need to re-register?   
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Charles Hill

Quote from: gbsothere on August 11, 2009, 05:16:03 PM
I like the clean look.   :D  I'm looking forward to it; it's a great source for learning the ins and outs of zCommunity and for learning what I can about your other mods.

Will we need to re-register?   

I'll look into that.... It's been a while since I've looked at SMF's password hashing/salting, but I believe it's the same as zCommunity.  So hopefully I'll be able to import the old member accounts.

Awilum

Before the first of September I need to choose the engine for blogs. I used WP mu but I need an engine of blogs that have been integrated into the design of my forum

I found zCommunity, but found no examples of large heavy blogging on it.

Can I use it for heavy large blogs?
| My web projects |

Charles Hill

I recommend against using the zCommunity available on SMF's mod site.  I very much doubt I'll have zCommunity ready with a community blogging plugin with the SMF/zCommunity bridge by the first of September.

Awilum

This will be an entirely new zCommunity?
This will be release ?
| My web projects |

Charles Hill

Quote from: Awilum on August 11, 2009, 06:03:42 PM
This will be an entirely new zCommunity?
This will be release ?
It's completely stand-alone... meaning it is not an add-on or extension of SMF.  I will *probably* make a bridge for it to SMF so that you can use zCommunity (with any potential plugins that are developed for it) in conjunction with your SMF.

Charles Hill

I have launched the new Degrees of Zero (see announcement for details).  I have decided that I will make a zCommunity/SMF bridge and post that bridge to SMF's mod site.  When this bridge will be available, I do not know.  I will be making a pre-release version available soon, though.  Please sign up to receive a pre-release version via the Contact Us form on my site.  Thank you.

Advertisement: