Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to the mod

Aion Syndication

Original Author: Arantor
SMF Version: 2.0.X
Mod Version: 2.0

Description:
This mod adds 5 BBcode icons to your posting area, for Aion items, spells, quests, NPCs and recipes, and links to the very swish tooltip generator provided by AionSource.
You can use either ids or names, e.g. [item]100200627[/item] or [item]Azure Dragon's Dirk[/item]. The same works for [spell], [npc], [quest], and [recipe].
There are 4 formats, too. You can simply put in [item]blah[/item], and get a proper text link to the items (or whatever), or you can add =small, =medium or =large to get a small, medium or large text icon, e.g. [item=large]blah[/item]. This is shown in the screenshots. Only item, spell and recipe support this, but that's because AionArmory only supports those options.
The link colours for quest, npc and recipe do not change, either, again that's down to the AionArmory code, and will remain the standard colour of links in your forum.
Permission for using the BBcode icons granted in this forum post from the AionSource admins.

ChangeLog:
2.0 - 6 January, 2013
Mod Taken over by Runic
1.1.X support dropped
Updated for 2.0.X

1.2 - 16 November 2009
Bug fix update, hardening against variations in the types of URL gathering.
Fix for RC2 compatibility.

1.1 - 23 August 2009
Bug fix update to fix users who incorrectly posted the names of items/NPCs/quests/spells/recipes.

1.0 - 18 August 2009
First release

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shadrach

When I installed this, the images did not install. What I would like to know however, is how can I change it so that the default bbcode added is the [item=small] rather than just [item]?

After having just run a test, all this does is add a link, the JS does not pop up with the tooltip either.

Khryptica

Quote from: shadrach on August 22, 2009, 11:45:06 AM
After having just run a test, all this does is add a link, the JS does not pop up with the tooltip either.

I am getting the same as well.  All that shows is a link.  The JS is not working.  I am using SMF 1.1.10 with TP1.0 beta 4 with that makes any difference

Arantor

The reason the JS failed is likely due to you having a custom theme and the edits only being applied to the default theme. If you have anything other than the default theme this is very likely.

Edit your theme's index.template.php and before the first <script> tag, add the following:
<script src="http://www.aionarmory.com/js/extooltips.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

As for making 'small' the default, look in Subs.php for the following:

array(
'tag' => 'item',
'type' => 'unparsed_content',
'validate' => create_function('&$tag, &$data, $disabled', '
$data = strtr($data, array(\'<br />\' => \'\'));
$tag[\'content\'] = aion_handler("item", "", $data);
'),
),

There are 5 entries like this, where the aion_handler("item", "", $data); bit has an empty quote in the middle. Add 'small' in there to make it aion_handler("item", "small", $data); and it'll work.

I am not going to repackage this mod to change this, and I can't repackage the mod to change the theme stuff either - what I have is the best way it can be done in 1.1.

Khryptica

Unfortunately by adding the code to the themes index.template.php gave no results.  Even changed everything to the default theme to see if it was working there but still nadda.

Great mod and I would love to see it working. 

Arantor

Can I see your forum and an example of the post in question please?

Khryptica

Here is the link to the post.  Just added it so you can see.   :)

hxxp:spqr.dpguild.net/index.php?board=1.0 [nonactive]

--------Update!
Nevermind!!  haha  It's working great!!  Yeah of course when someone else wants to look it seems everything wants to work now.  Sorry about all that....it's working as intended.   :)

Arantor

Works fine for me.

Due to the way the JS works (and remember, I didn't write that bit), it does sometimes take a little while...

Arantor

QuoteI placed all the code correctly, I'm unsure exactly where to place install11.php. I did a manually install of the code because of the custom theme I am using.
When I post with an item it says the table smf_aion_item doesn't exist, and points to the Subs.php line 3789. I assume this has to do with install11.php, where exactly should i place this file, and do I need to do anything to it otherwise.

You don't add the code anywhere. You run it - it creates several DB tables, which is the source of your error.

Drop the file into the same place SSI.php is, then browse to http://yourforum/install11.php.

I'm curious though, the theme must be kind of special if it completely breaks how bbcode buttons are inserted, and not use Javascript at the same time; this mod should still have been installable via the Package Manager.

Phantom2k5

Quote from: Arantor on August 24, 2009, 11:02:45 PM
QuoteI placed all the code correctly, I'm unsure exactly where to place install11.php. I did a manually install of the code because of the custom theme I am using.
When I post with an item it says the table smf_aion_item doesn't exist, and points to the Subs.php line 3789. I assume this has to do with install11.php, where exactly should i place this file, and do I need to do anything to it otherwise.

You don't add the code anywhere. You run it - it creates several DB tables, which is the source of your error.

Drop the file into the same place SSI.php is, then browse to url was here. Stupid forum

I'm curious though, the theme must be kind of special if it completely breaks how bbcode buttons are inserted, and not use Javascript at the same time; this mod should still have been installable via the Package Manager.
And I didn't try to place the code anywhere, I wasn't sure where to place the php file. I don't run this server it's a friends, and he's not great with the management. This is our first run with SMF. The theme we are using is DB Theme. And currently only running SMF 1.1.9, he was worried since your versions says 1.1.10.
So when I navigate to that I get this
Incorrect table name ''
File: /home /snooprav /public_html /aion /install11.php
Line: 21

Thanks again for helping.

Arantor

Did the admin attempt to install the mod normally first, out of interest?

From a code perspective the mod would function identically on 1.1.9 and 1.1.10, there were no changes to anything that the mod works with during that upgrade.

Does the admin have access to phpMyAdmin?

Phantom2k5

No he didn't want to try because of the version difference. Since I do computer programming, mainly JAVA/ASP.NET/COBOL etc. I figured the code insertion would be cake, which it was.
What we are going to try tonight it to update to 1.1.10 can't hurt, and then try the install. I myself have admin rights on the SMF server, and can goto the managment to install addons and updates.

Arantor

You should be able to install it directly onto 1.1.9 without any changes.

Phantom2k5

Okay, board is updated to 1.1.10, and ran the install from the package, and now everything works beautifully. Thanks for your help.

Arantor

Let me know if you encounter any problems and I'll see what I can do to fix them :)

Nephera

"Thanks :)

Any problems with the mod please do post in its own thread. "

Arantor,

Do you have any clue as to why this mod is completely incompatible with the Dark Leaf theme?  The only way I was able to install it with the theme was to drop the DarkLeaf themepack straight into the "default" folder.  However, in doing so it makes it incompatible with other mods as it screws with the default files that other mods base themselves on.  I would prefer to be able to install this correctly -- and I'm trying to get to the bottom of the problem here.

I am still able to see the buttons and images on the "post thread / reply" screen.  But I am not getting a popup when I hover over the skills or items.

Arantor

The two edits made to template files specifically target index.template.php and Post.template.php - I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'screws with the default files' considering that pretty much every mod does that to some degree.

So, what version of SMF, what other mods?

amlucent

Great mod Arantor!  I had no idea you were into Aion also, very cool.

I have been looking at your code and edits and you have inspired some additions to my gwbbcode mod  ;).  Thanks again.

Arantor

I'd never heard of Aion at all until I saw the Mod Request. It looked like a fun programming project :)

I'm actually far too busy designing my own MMORPG to be able to play any other games at present though...

Advertisement: