News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

error sending PM

Started by villasg, September 13, 2009, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

villasg

Hi i have a smf 1.1.10 and a problem.
My forum language is greek-utf8
Go to Personal messages and try to make a new PM .
Show the page of PM and i start to fill the "TO"  field , and the "auto fill' fill the field like :"administrator"
write the message and try to send .
And show an error like "Unable to find member "administrator"."
If try to find the user from  button  Find Members open new window , start write like adm* and find , fill the form with "administrator"  and the message go correct.
If turn to  my forum for  Default Forum Language = english , DONT have this problem !
And no error in the log
Please any help for my problem plz ?
And if exist any way to deactivate the "autofill"
Thanks and sorry for my bad english ...

tyty1234

did you try typing "administrator" without using the auto-fill?
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

villasg

Quote from: tyty1234 on September 13, 2009, 09:29:29 PM
did you try typing "administrator" without using the auto-fill?

I write administrator but automatic make = "administrator"
If i be quick and send with administrator without " " then send Ok .
Mysterious problem .... 

Can explain anoyone what files is for sending P.M ( .php etc )

villasg

MrPhil

So, are you saying that if you use the auto-fill feature, it adds quotes (") around the name? That would make it fail. Did you type the leading ", or did you start with adm...? And if you don't use auto-fill, just typing administrator works?

villasg

Quote from: MrPhil on September 18, 2009, 10:32:27 AM
So, are you saying that if you use the auto-fill feature, it adds quotes (") around the name? That would make it fail. Did you type the leading ", or did you start with adm...? And if you don't use auto-fill, just typing administrator works?

I explain : i start write adm without " in the start but auto fill convert in "administrator" and if i try to send show the error.
Now the crazy , if remove from ready of auto fill ("administrator")  name the  " " from start and the end of name and leave as administrator    then PM send correctly ( dont write aything just remove the "" ... and only in greek language (greek-utf8)

Need to know what file is for this function (post.templte.php , indx.php, personal messages.php ) ????

villasg

MrPhil

Does this happen only for a few specific IDs (such as administrator), or does it happen on all? If just a few IDs, have you checked that you don't have a member name "administrator" (with ") in the members list (added in error)? If it's not an active member (it was a mistake on your part), just delete it. On the other hand, if all auto-completed names get the quotation marks ("), that's a problem. Can you confirm that this only happens in Greek, and not in English? That might be a clue.

villasg

Quote from: MrPhil on September 21, 2009, 12:38:56 PM
Does this happen only for a few specific IDs (such as administrator), or does it happen on all? If just a few IDs, have you checked that you don't have a member name "administrator" (with ") in the members list (added in error)? If it's not an active member (it was a mistake on your part), just delete it. On the other hand, if all auto-completed names get the quotation marks ("), that's a problem. Can you confirm that this only happens in Greek, and not in English? That might be a clue.

No this happend with all member IDs ( names ) .And all is active member .And yes only in grrek-utf8 NO in english
Quote from: villasg on September 13, 2009, 09:49:20 AM....
And show an error like "Unable to find member "administrator"."
If try to find the user from  button  Find Members open new window , start write like adm* and find , fill the form with "administrator"  and the message go correct.
If turn to  my forum for  Default Forum Language = english , DONT have this problem !

MrPhil

So both your database and your pages are UTF-8? A name such as administrator is just plain ASCII text (no accented characters), so I don't see why the auto-complete feature would try wrapping it in quotation marks. I'm afraid that someone more familiar with the auto-complete feature would have to discuss this, as I don't know anything about it. One last thought: does this happen only when the auto-complete feature is used on this particular field? How about other places, such as the Subject line in a new topic? What happens if you type in a new name (that will not auto-complete), such as zzzyyyxxx -- does it get quotation marks? I'm trying to get a handle on whether this is something happening with your specific browser (what are you using?), and whether it's a Javascript or PHP problem. I'm not at a working system right now, that I can admin, so I can't see whether I can turn off the auto-complete feature.

Arantor

All names get auto wrapped in quote marks in 1.1, always has done as far as I can remember.

It should be ignored when actually sending the message except in the unlikely circumstance of a member's name actually having " in it (username, not display name)

Is there a user whose username, not their displayed name, is administrator? There shouldn't be since it should be a reserved name.

villasg

No any of that all .
Remeber this :
Quote from: villasg on September 13, 2009, 09:49:20 AM
My forum language is greek-utf8
And no error in the log......

The fault is only in greek-utf8 language , if turn the forum to enlglish all work like a charm.
Auto fill complete the form , with "" and the message sending ...
Same think with my other problem
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=336499.0

villasg

villasg

Problem solved.
I find this
Quote from: [n3rve] on August 05, 2009, 10:08:59 AM
The file, "file_check.php" is a tool used to check SMF source files for common errors like files not beginning with the php opening tag (<?php) and not ending with closing tags (?>), it also checks for files saved as UTF-8 BOM.

This tool can be used to diagnose forums with issues such as CAPCTHA verification images not showing, quote problems, etc. Simply upload the file to the Forum's root directory (the same directory as SSI.php), and navigate your browser to:

http://www.example.com/forum/file_check.php

-[n3rve]

I found some files utf-8 with BOM (o UTF-8 BOM found)
Post.template.php
index.template.php
ModSettings.greek-utf8.php
Modifications.greek-utf8.php

I remove the BOM and all errors fixed .

tyty1234

If you require no further assistance, please mark your topic as solved. :)
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Advertisement: