News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

(Solved) Unable to load the 'main_above' template.

Started by RachelHS, April 22, 2005, 11:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RachelHS

I did a search and didn't find any information relevant to my problem. An admin on my hxxp:getyourambiance.com/board1/index.php [nonactive] , installed the Theme SMF_Flower and decided to delete it. I was able to see the board and even posted, and then I went into the admin section and suddenly the I got this message 'Unable to load the 'main_above' template.'.

She messaged me asking if I could see the board, and I said no, and this is the resulting conversation

Quote_.veronica._. says:
hey hon can you see the board?
Rachel says:
no... I could until just now
._.veronica._. says:
uh oh
._.veronica._. says:
i added a new theme, it was working and fine
._.veronica._. says:
and then i went to delete it and now i cant see the board
._.veronica._. says:

Rachel says:
did you do anything in between that?
._.veronica._. says:
i decided to change it back to the one i was using
._.veronica._. says:
nope
._.veronica._. says:
it was turqoise
._.veronica._. says:
and i wanted it back to blue n black
._.veronica._. says:
i was in admin and clicked on theme and layout
._.veronica._. says:
and it gave me that blank page

Apparently she didn't even get to the point where she could delete the template (I've told her she can into her profile and change to whatever template she wants from now on) before this happened.

Others can see the board, but neither of us can. The other admin who can see it doesn't have the power to set us back to another template (she'd made this one default I believe)...

Is there a way I can go and fix this problem?

RachelHS

After doing more searching, re-reading, and piecing together information from other sources I solved the problem (thanks to the threads I found on it)

I accessed my board using this link: hxxp:getyourambiance.com/board1/index.php?theme=1 [nonactive]
Changed the default theme off of the one that installed funny.
Deleted the theme
Reloaded it via ftp instead of the zip in theme manager, and loaded it through the directory option.

In case anyone else has this problem.

Advertisement: