News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting vBulletin 3.8.3 to SMF2.0RC1.2 open_basedir error

Started by Tingel, November 08, 2009, 12:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tingel

hello folks

I installed SMF2.0 RC1.2 and now I want to convert alle the posts and users from my old vBulletin 3.8.3 Board. But theres alwas the error:

"The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your vBulletin 3 to the public html folder of your site."

Heres a screenshot of the problem

Best regards Tingel

Norv

From the screenshot it looks like you have vbulletin and smf installed in two different web roots (two different websites on separate roots), and your host configuration does not allow PHP to work with both at the same time.
Are you sure those are the right paths to your installations ? If yes, then eventually try this:
- create a folder named "includes" in your SMF folder
- copy in this folder the file your_vb_installation/includes/config.php
- try again running convert.php, but instead of the vbulletin path, tell it the location of the SMF folder again.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Norv

On another note, you may want to try using the attached files for the conversion, as they should be the most up to date.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Tingel

Thx, this problem is now solved. But now Im having a new one >:(
Hope you can help me  ;)

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

Norv

Have you copied the file config.php from vbulletin, or by any chance made an empty one?

If you copied it, then it should work and I'm not sure what the problem is. Eventually, if you wish, perhaps you can PM me the file to take a look (there might be something changed/broken in its format). Don't post it here, as it probably contains sensitive information from your installation.
In case you made another one, then please do copy the existing file from vbulletin folder /includes, instead.

Advertisement: